Musicians???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justpipes":zaf5qpu2 said:
You should try some Old Crow Piet, sounds even better! :D
Cool will give it a bash!!!!!! 8) Thanks JP! ........adding WALNUT to the mix right!! :cheers:

Aw LL, love me some Firefly. I'm considering wearing my Jayne tshirt for the concert.
41g2oIvL3QL._AA300_.jpg

If I could find a decent tab for the guitar part I'd already be playing it. All I have is somebody's best guess at the chords. Just doesn't sound right.

I play around a bit. Guitar, vocals, etc. Gibson SG electric and Alvarez acoustic.

Recently got into home recording...here are a couple of works in progress I was messin' with this weekend:

http://soundcloud.com/a-frost

For any musicians that don't know soundcloud, it's a prett sweet music hosting website. They have a free account you can sign up for and upload like 2 hours worth of whatever you want.

I was trained as a drummer and will still sit in on drums in Jazz sessions/jams from time to time.

I took up Bluegrass Guitar in my twenties and discovered my voice. I can play some slower solos too. I have a Bluegrass repertoire of about 40 songs where I play rhythm guitar and sing the lead.

In my thirties I took up Classical Guitar in a big way, taking lessons from a master teacher, taking master classes, and eventually forming a classical guitar society: www.classicalguitarsociety.org My avatar is pipe smoker and classical guitarist Andres Segovia.

ShellBriar":ffpj1k52 said:
I was trained as a drummer and will still sit in on drums in Jazz sessions/jams from time to time.

I took up Bluegrass Guitar in my twenties and discovered my voice. I can play some slower solos too. I have a Bluegrass repertoire of about 40 songs where I play rhythm guitar and sing the lead.

In my thirties I took up Classical Guitar in a big way, taking lessons from a master teacher, taking master classes, and eventually forming a classical guitar society: www.classicalguitarsociety.org My avatar is pipe smoker and classical guitarist Andres Segovia.
damn shellbriar. nice. any posted recordings? i'm going to get you yours, frost.

ShellBriar":sn2g2yfz said:
In my thirties I took up Classical Guitar in a big way, taking lessons from a master teacher, taking master classes, and eventually forming a classical guitar society: www.classicalguitarsociety.org
Who did you take lessons from????? :D

darn,.....I didn't know Segovia was a pipe smoker.....went to hear him in concert back in 84-85 era.....he had these HUGE, FAT hands....spellbounding to say the least. ;)

What blend did he smoke?

bruins":ucnp5xy1 said:
ShellBriar":ucnp5xy1 said:

damn shellbriar. nice. any posted recordings?
Thanks. I don't have any recordings since my very first year on classical guitar, but recordings are in the todo queue. Perhaps I can bump up the priority ;)

Here's a picture of my '68 Gibson J50. I love this guitar. It originally belonged to my father. She's been played in sessions at recording studios from Nashville to Muscle Shoals in the mid 70s to the early 90s.

S7002779.jpg

D, Great guitar. I love old Gibson's. Equally special that it belonged to your Father....

I actually identify more with music than anything else.

I play...

The trumpet, the drums, the mandolin, the guitar, the djembe, and I can fiddle on the trombone (aka make motorcycle noises).

I used to have a flugelhorn... but I had to part with it. It was a beautiful instrument.

I mainly do solo stuff but I also play in an acoustic band called "Brother", here in Charleston.

Maiser":3qmbaa84 said:
I actually identify more with music than anything else.

I play...

The trumpet, the drums, the mandolin, the guitar, the djembe, and I can fiddle on the trombone (aka make motorcycle noises).

I used to have a flugelhorn... but I had to part with it. It was a beautiful instrument.

I mainly do solo stuff but I also play in an acoustic band called "Brother", here in Charleston.
you sir, have a spot waiting for you in my french folk band (when i start it--see previous post.)

gorgeous gibson! thanks for sharing that pic.

I have had a slew of guitars over the years. I have played in an indie alternative pop band since '93

www.theaprilskies.com

I currently have takamine EF341SC. Over the years I have discovered that Taks are best bang for the buck. I also currently own a Malden Mozak...300.00 electric MIK that IMHOP is as good as any 1200.00 american fender. I play through a 76 fender super reverb (the love of my life) this amp is capible of chiming like a bell ...I love it do not think I will ever part with it. My fav electric was a customized les paul sudio...it was pained gretcsh orange and with cream pick gard and had Di Marzio super 100's coil tap...this was it years nothing could come close..except the Malden...but I had sell it as I was able to triple my money on it...at one point I was in possession of a 1973 RIC 480...that guitar had magic in it...never...I mean never in my life have I played a neck like that...If I can find a pic of that I will post it.

dbreazeale":t5taeh94 said:
Here's a picture of my '68 Gibson J50. I love this guitar. It originally belonged to my father. She's been played in sessions at recording studios from Nashville to Muscle Shoals in the mid 70s to the early 90s.

S7002779.jpg
Impressive, very nice indeed!!

I have attempted to learn a number of instruments, and have amazed people with my playing, like the time during a concert when I nearly knocked myself out by hitting myself in the forehead with a cymbol. there i stood with a dazed look and the red mark coming out on my brow. :oops:

My bouts with the cello were not as dramatic, but I didn't last but a year on it either.

So other than playing lps, cds and the radio, my musical endeavors are now limited to the Kazoo, usually privately or when I can get lost in the sound of a lot of other players, so my lack of pitch is not too obvious. ;-)

Whats better than fingers on a piano???????
.........a mouth on an organ!!!!!!!!!! :lol: