My Brothers, The Cavicchi Has Landed!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Mouse

Reaction score
Came yesterday via UPS express (couldn't wait any longer than I had to). I tell you, this Claudio fellah sure knows how to make a beautiful looking pipe, can't wait to see how it smokes.

Super sweet shape! I love small and large nosewarmers. The ball shape is one of my favorites, and makes a great handwarmer in cold weather.

Congrats on a nice addition to your collection! 8)

Dutch":3x8tym2u said:
Super sweet shape! I love small and large nosewarmers. The ball shape is one of my favorites, and makes a great handwarmer in cold weather.

Congrats on a nice addition to your collection! 8)
Many thanks:) I tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to my pipes, I give them a good look over and usually find a flaw of some sort and I then learn to cope with it (it's a curse I'm trying to work with) but I'll be damned if I can find a single flaw of any kind as far as fit and finish is concerned. The walls of the bowl are outrageously thick, it'll make for one durable, life long companion. Very excited!

Congratulations! Beautiful pipe - it will smoke great, Claudio's pipes all do.

After reading all this good stuff about Cavicchi's.....I was really saving up for a Castello, but I may reconsider since you can get a Cavicchi for so much less. Beautiful blast on that pipe btw....love the color too.

Boxerbuddy":xqvgvqj3 said:
After reading all this good stuff about Cavicchi's.....I was really saving up for a Castello, but I may reconsider since you can get a Cavicchi for so much less. Beautiful blast on that pipe btw....love the color too.

I too found myself teetering between Cavicchi and Castello, I have very little experience with either, but price wise as you mentioned, I was much more comfortable getting the Cavicchi and as it stands right now, I have zero regrets. I think the price I paid for this pipe is right in my comfort zone, meaning I'm not stressing every moment I have it out and about yet I know I've got something beautiful and of a quality that will last a very long time.

Rusty, do you know where I might find one like the one you just purchased? Is it a one-off, or does Claudio offer that pipe on a regular basis?

Dutch":vt25nyza said:
Rusty, do you know where I might find one like the one you just purchased? Is it a one-off, or does Claudio offer that pipe on a regular basis?
I haven't seen another like it around from Claudio unfortunately, doesn't mean they don't exist, but I know I've seen others similar from other brands such as these:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/duca/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=92732
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/luciano/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=85244

That is some seriously NICE ring grain!!! It's a bit short for me but looks like it will probably smoke-in well !

Dutch":h3giwkyz said:
Thanks for the links Rusty. I found a Cavicchi here, almost identical to yours, that makes me bite my knuckles! :twisted:

http://www.pipes2smoke.com/Cavicchi/CC_6C.htm
Not if I get to it FIRST! ;) No no, I wouldn't, but shows how much I know about what's available, all I know is that pipe screams stability and comfort. Simplistic beauty at it's finest. When I bought it, I thought one thing, when it got here, it surpassed my expectations 10 fold.

Very nice!
I'm a big fan of Mr. Cavicchi's work, and I saw yours, or one like it, and the temptation level was definitely high.
That's a great looking acquisition!

Cavicchis are great pipes and you seem to have a very specimen there. Enjoy.

Great looking pipe, congratulations. I have several Cavicchis, and they are consistently very good smokers. My opinion, not quite as good a smoker as a Castello, but not that far off either. Enjoy it.

Rusty Mouse":jevimsu1 said:
Came yesterday via UPS express (couldn't wait any longer than I had to). I tell you, this Claudio fellah sure knows how to make a beautiful looking pipe, can't wait to see how it smokes.

Very nice indeed, Congrat's. :study:

Those lighter-colored pipes seem to take on a life of their own as you smoke them; it'll surely get some good color as you use it. 8)

Nice one.

Oh yeah, that is one nice Cavicchi! Congratulations and enjoy the hell out of that one. :)