My C & D adventure

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headmint":rtjkas13 said:
Howdy everyone. Thanks for the well-wishes.

I have two new C&D tins coming my way: Billy Budd and Old Joe Krantz.

I am a little frightened of Billy Budd. It is a latakia-heavy blend. I enjoy latakia, but so far only as a seasoning tobacco--i.e., lightly applied. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, if I do come across something I won't smoke, I will be happy to send it to another brother, either as a trade (ideally) or just to give it away. I hate to see tobacco go to waste.

@Sand18f: a pm will be sent shortly and thank you :)

Regarding the Haunted Bookshop, it has become my regular mid-morning smoke. I seem to enjoy it best early in the day. @Storm_Crow: Nope, it isn't a VaPer....maybe a VaBur :) Mostly burley with some Virgina and perique. It's got a musty, earthy, grainy (Raisin Branny) scent and is what I'd call about middle of the road as far as strength, which is, obviously, subjective. It's certainly not what I'd call a mild or light tobacco. Good stuff. So far my favorite C&D blend...but then, I've only had two. That's all gonna change in the months ahead, though!!

If you don't hear from me, you'll know the Billy Budd has done me in :)
Yeah man, be careful with old Billy cause he will leave a ghost in your pipe that will take a long time to get out. I tried a sample at the 2009 CORPS show of Billy Budd in a Peterson that I did in fact smoke English blends out of. I kid you not, it took me a dozen or more bowls to get the ghost of Billy out of that pipe. It is an intense smoke and I would highly recommend trying it out in a cob or cheaper pipe. If for some reason you really like it, dedicate one of your better pipes to it.

-Scott