My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velveteagle

Reaction score
We sometimes find in life that being too busy to earn that buck takes our life away.. Well I spent my bit in the Army way back and retired Dec 2008 from a job that could kill or drive insane most. Now early in the morning or at dusk I find myself taking the pipe and a drink or book out to my back yard. Living out in the countryside has its ups and downs.. I will survive Brothers Of Briar...
Chuck

Is that your back yard....? :shock:

Whether or not it is, I agree with your thoughts... the sooner one can get out of the stresses and strains, the better.

Slow Puffs":gttfi9a5 said:
Is that your back yard....? :shock:

Whether or not it is, I agree with your thoughts... the sooner one can get out of the stresses and strains, the better.
Yes indeed it is.. The deer come near the back and don't seem to mind the smell of me or the pipe.. We put tons of work through the years living here in the sticks... Koi ponds and the growing trees and landscape plantings.. Little Eden with only the noise of waterfalls and calling birds.. Except the Wife when she needs me..

I have a similar backyard, VE, with a good 40 acres of fields and woods. I love the early misty mornings and cool nights. Rumor has it they want to put a highway bypass right through the back edge of it, though. Killing me.

TallSmoke":ixpv725d said:
I have a similar backyard, VE, with a good 40 acres of fields and woods. I love the early misty mornings and cool nights. Rumor has it they want to put a highway bypass right through the back edge of it, though. Killing me.
Sorry for delay.. Good news.. Learned how to use ebay. Won a nice Bent Stem MEERSCHAUM PIPE w/old case $25 bucks that includes shipping costs.. It is an Estate but looks great to me. I hope they don't put a highway bypass in your area.. You better make all the good memories you can now so you can ponder them later while enjoying a good pipe smoke my friend.. Oh I am so happy about getting a Meerschaum again after my friend must have hidden some of the pipes before he passed on family could not find some and the meerschaum was my reading pipe.. :lol:
Not sure I am allowed to post photos on this part of the forum so I won't..

Great photo, pairs well with a cup of coffee and a good pipe,,,a few crickets chirping and an occasional bullfrog,,,,a rocking chair next to the wife,,,

mark":09u9bwqw said:
Great photo, pairs well with a cup of coffee and a good pipe,,,a few crickets chirping and an occasional bullfrog,,,,a rocking chair next to the wife,,,
You got that right Mark.. Life is always now.. It's the simple things that I get joy from.. Like this Estate pipe I won a bid on today from ebay for $25.00 that includes shipping.. Nothing wrong with it either great seller.. Yea.. Now to figure out what blend will smoke best in it..

That Meer looks great for an estate, it does not appear to have seen much use. A fact which I am sure you will soon remedy. ;)

I tip my hat to you velveteagle! You have found the secret to success. You must feed the soul as well as the body. :cheers:

Centurian 803":fav4dbzx said:
I tip my hat to you velveteagle! You have found the secret to success. You must feed the soul as well as the body. :cheers:
So very true Centurian.. Every thing we do here on earth only the sweetest will we ponder for eternity.. A learning process I work at each moment.. Thanks my friend...

Love those eagle/dragon claw meers. That's a cool stem/bit to go along with it, too.

For a man with a nice camera in his Avatar i expect to see lots more of these great photos!

inspiring Stuff indeed VE......... dig that meer you have too!
What more would a man want, you are a talented photographer bro!!!

TallSmoke":gch44r0h said:
solve the problem Tall One............build me a studio where they want the highway......... :lol:

SmokeyTweed":ze6ljf8g said:
For a man with a nice camera in his Avatar i expect to see lots more of these great photos!
Not a problem SmokeyTweed.. My www link below should take you to some of my pics if you desire to view.. Love camera work and nature.. I will keep our Brothers Of Briar theme in mind to make a few of us smile in thought...
Chuck..

Looks like you are doing a bit better than just surviving there Eagle! Very Nice!