My Final Balkan English Blend

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

RSteve

Reaction score
I expected to hear from Payless Cigars and Pipes informing me that they were out of latakia and would be cancelling my order. Today, they sent a tracking number for the filled order.
I really wonder why latakia is becoming unavailable for DIY blenders. Will we be seeing U.S. processed dark fired smyrna to replace latakia?

Last edited:

RSteve

Reaction score
I am beyond satisfied how this blend came together. The components arrived either late last night or early this morning. The box of tobacco was sitting at my front door about 9:00 this morning. I mixed everything together immediately, and did incorporate tobacco from both maduro and desflorado wrapped cigars. Usually, I'd wait at least a month or more for the blend to marry before making any judgment, but the aroma of the 6 oz. of orientals was too enticing. I've smoked a couple of bowls and have really enjoyed the blend. I kept 8 oz. in a container to smoke now and the remaining two pounds are compacted tightly in two snap lid containers for aging.
I've had a running joke about several blends being the "final" one, but I think this could be close to the finish line. It really does seem like it's going to be very difficult to access blending tobacco for DIY blenders who prefer not to experiment with whole leaf tobacco. Although some of the tobacco arrived quite damp, I had no problem keeping the pipe lit. There is absolutely no tongue bite and the nicotine content is very low.

Last edited:

RSteve

Reaction score
I expected to hear from Payless Cigars and Pipes informing me that they were out of latakia and would be cancelling my order. Today, they sent a tracking number for the filled order.
Just looked outside and it's here.

If you go to Pipesandcigars.com, search for Peter Stokkebye 310 Black Latakia, you directed to this page.

Last edited:

RSteve

Reaction score
I couldn't stop myself from tweaking the blend. I didn't intend on doing it until I discovered Sutliff Blending Red Virginia toasted cavendish. I replaced the Sutliff Matured Red Virginia 515 RC-1 with Sutliff Red Virginia toasted cavendish.
Toasted Blending Red Virginia Cavendish

I should add, six hours after I began this post, that I've ordered the tobacco and haven't assembled the blend, as yet. I may chicken out and leave well enough alone and use Sutliff Matured Red Virginia 515 RC-1.

Last edited: