My First Pipe: Completed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshpipes

Reaction score
Pipe's done. :D

big_fr10.jpg

big_fr11.jpg

big_fr12.jpg

big_fr13.jpg

big_fr15.jpg

big_fr14.jpg

big_fr18.jpg

big_fr16.jpg

big_fr17.jpg

I have a love/hate relationship with that last picture. It makes the gap look like the grand canyon!

Thanks again to everyone who's followed and commented on the "My First Pipe" thread. It's been amazing to see such an outpouring of support from everybody. Your encouraging words really mean a great deal to me. :D

Enjoy!

That is a gorgeous pipe! Congratulations! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

First, that's one PHENOMENAL looking piece of briar and you have done a FANTASTIC job of finding ITs shape and exicuting !! You keep this up and you will be a much wanted man for your talents :p

That turned out great. It was cool seeing your progress , and the final outcome. I looked foreward to you updatd posts, so now I have to ask when will the second pipe get started?

flytyer":uafv9kxc said:
That turned out great. It was cool seeing your progress , and the final outcome. I looked foreward to you updatd posts, so now I have to ask when will the second pipe get started?
First, thanks guys!

I've already started working on #2. It's going into a pipe in the hat trade on PipeMakersForum.com so I hope it turns out well.

It's pretty amazing how much you learn when you make one of these guys. The process on #2 is going much faster since I spent so much time figuring things out on #1.

I look forward to finishing up #2 and sharing it here. What an exciting new adventure! :D

You even stamped it? Now that's serious!

It looks amazing, sir. 8)

The coloring is gorgeous! The reds, blondes and blacks play so well off each other. Congratulations!

Wow that gorgeous, I love how the grain follows the shape of that pipe to a tee...nice eye my friend.

That would be a great 100th pipe, but for a first pipe--fantastic! I love the shape and the grain, and, and....yeah, great pipe.

Very, very impressive. Excellent shape, stem is perfect for the strummel...JUST the right feel. And yes, the dye job is worthy of a professional. It looks like you took your time and sanded, and sanded, and sanded, lol.

Two color? Three color?

edit: OK - I just went through the 'making it' thread. So...at least two colors. Damn fine!

Looks pretty good to this pipe smoker, looking forward to seeing #2. I envy that kind of artistic talent.

Wow. Thanks everyone! The response to this pipe has been nothing short of overwhelming.

Looks great! Some serious straight grain! A wonderful first foray into pipe making :cheers:

Dude...I am impressed. What a great job. I'm sure that there's alot of pipemakers out there who's 1st attempts did not look that good. The transition from bowl to shank is what I notice alot of novices have trouble with....it appears that you had no such problem.

Lol and I'm sure theres some pipemakers that would have loved to get their hands on that piece of briar too. Did you say that was a Tinsky block? I have a pipe on commision from him right now....I'm gonna have to have him send me a kit or a block.

Very impressive piece of craftsmanship, especially so for your first pipe. I think you have found something you are naturally skilled at, and should pursue with vigor! 8)

It turned out into not only a really great first pipe, but a really great pipe.

Thank you for sharing all these photos and thoughts, it was relly good to see your updates.

Now, keep making pipes, don't stop... :D

Fantastic ending to your first venture Dave. I absolutely love the shape, color and grain. It reminds me of the old "tiger" camoflouge the military once used in the 60's and 70's. I can't wait to hear how it smokes. I look forward to following your second pipe. The stamping is a nice touch too! Well done!