My First Tins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I still don't understand how certain baccos can be better in one pipe than another, other than draw and mouthfeel of the pipe BUT!... I admit that I just got done with a 965 bowl in my new Savinelli 606KS...forgot the model... and Iiiiii like it! :D While clearing the bombing field in the backyard I smoked one of the best bowls I ever had. Who would think picking up dog crap could be so enjoyable. :joker: Seriously though, the 965 is either aging well since my last bowl 1-2weeks ago or the stars are aligned right now. Who cares, right?! Now I see what all the hoopla is about. Thanks for telling my to not get rid of this stuff, my brothers. :)

Well, whatever you do, don't get rid of 'em. Jar them up and leave them in the cellar. Go back to them in a few years. Your taste might change and, by then, you'll have some lovely aged tobacs to enjoy.

If you haven't tried the Nightcap yet, my advise is go easy on it compared o how you are smoking the 965. It will hit you in the back of the throat. At least that's what happened to me the first tin I had.

IndySmoker":io1x96cr said:
If you haven't tried the Nightcap yet, my advise is go easy on it compared o how you are smoking the 965. It will hit you in the back of the throat. At least that's what happened to me the first tin I had.
Really? Wow. OK. Thanks for the head's up. I'll transfer the Nightcap into its own mason jar and am going to let it sit for a month or ...whatever. Maybe it'll mellow it enough to not blow my noggin off the first bowl.

lol it won't blow your noggin off but if you puff on it for a bit you'll stop and be like WTF happened to me

IndySmoker":en346o07 said:
lol it won't blow your noggin off but if you puff on it for a bit you'll stop and be like WTF happened to me
:lol: Gotcha. Thanks. :D

Well guys, I finally took a bowl of Nightcap. I didn't get the burning back of throat, thank God, but maybe that's because I've been smoking the MM965 so I'm kinda used to this blend, don't know. I do like the MM965 and Nightcap now. It's still funny to me how this stuff smells and tastes so different. I don't know if it's my taste buds but it tastes pretty darn close to MM965, but a bit more peppery. BTW, what is the pepper taste coming from...the Latakia?

TonyS":3y8xl635 said:
Well guys, I finally took a bowl of Nightcap. I didn't get the burning back of throat, thank God, but maybe that's because I've been smoking the MM965 so I'm kinda used to this blend, don't know. I do like the MM965 and Nightcap now. It's still funny to me how this stuff smells and tastes so different. I don't know if it's my taste buds but it tastes pretty darn close to MM965, but a bit more peppery. BTW, what is the pepper taste coming from...the Latakia?
Latakia adds a smokey sort of flavor, and the "peppery" note you are getting is from the Perique that is in it. 965 has NO perique and the brown cavendish in it really "creams/smooths" the Latakia, Both great benchmark blends, just be carefull with the Nightcap, for some folks it's "Lady N" level can be a bit much. :p

haven't opened my MM965 yet, but the nightcap is great! a bowl of that and a rye whiskey is the best way to say goodnight. the nic level is pretty high so be careful if you get nausea from that stuff easily.