My new BST (Sasquatch) pipe is here!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulbookbinder

Reaction score
And what a beaut. He promises to do all he can to make his pipe the best smoker you own, and so far I have to agree. I have Petersons, and a few Italians. I like the size, weight, vulcanite bits, and classic good looks of the Petes, but the open draw of the Italians. I don't so much like the lucite bits of the italians, and the fact that their styling is, uhhh, out there - I mean who really needs walls 3/4 of an inch thick??? With this BST I have the size, weight, and (to me) shockingly good looks I like, with a very smooth and open draw. I only have 2 bowls through it so far, but it smoked smooth, cool, and tasty from the very first puff - no bite, no odd tastes or smells from waxes or chemicals used in manufacture, no gurgling. The workmanship is top shelf - the chamber and draft hole meet EXACTLY right, so that the last puff draws in just a wee bit of burned leaf, the bowl being smoked to the VERY bottom with ease. I especially appreciate the small details - he has the tenon radiused where it joins the bit to reduce the stress riser at that point, and a matching countersink in the shank to accept the radius. I could not be happier with my newest pipe, will update again after 15 or 20 bowls !!

Nice! Look out world, Sasquatch has been sighted and he is talented!

Yes indeed, a very nice one sir.
I've seen others by Sas and he is definitely a true craftsman.

This pipe is quite an original concept in design and shape. It has all the elements that, at first sight, suggest that looks and functionality are working well together. I'm positive that you'll find that is the case. I have several sasquatches myself and that has been my own experience. Happy Holidays!

15 or 20 bowls? Oh man... I don't usually expect 'em to last so long. I guess we'll see! :affraid:

I recall seeing that one on the BST site and thinking it was a great looking shape. I have two of Todd's myself and they are both fantastic smoking machines, among the best in my racks. WHen I need a good, long smoke to get away from things for an hour or two, they are the ones I reach for 'cause I know without a doubt they will do the job flawlessly.

As we can see with your new pipe, cccasionally he even manages to make them look nice too!

Didn't I read somewhere Tinsky taught Sas how to make pipes? He must have been a great teacher. :lol: 8)

Mark T answered a few questions along the way and offered some encouragement. I think he had a more direct role in Rad Davis's pipe-making. I live so far from anywhere useful that "guy I sometimes exchange messages with" is about as close I as ever got to having a mentor proper.

Very nice pipe congrats! would love to fill it with some Mississippi River kick back by a nice fire and drift away.
Best Regards
Richard

Nice!
I've never seen such a pretty piece from Sas.
Most of his stuff seems to fall into the ruggedly handsome category.
The shape and stem are genius.

Richard Hester":ckeppttj said:
Very nice pipe congrats! would love to fill it with some Mississippi River kick back by a nice fire and drift away.
Best Regards
Richard
Lighting a good pipe, kicking back and drifting away... Best and most concise description of the Nirvana state that I've ever read.