My review of Sutliff Edgeworth RR match.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimInks":4of3hc3o said:
Bugsahearn":4of3hc3o said:
thanks jim, did sutliff buy it in the 60s? have yu smoked the og version?
I'm not certain when Sutliff bought it. I fairly sure it went to another company inbetween. Seems to me I heard 1974, but I'm afraid to say that declaratively, and I'm not sure when Sutliff acquired it from whoever bought it first. I was told Sutliff is using the original formula, and btw, they pay royalties to Robinson's grand daughter.

I have smoked two different 1960s versions, and still have some left of the early '60s. They taste pretty much the same, though the older one gathered some spice, likely due to age. The topping seems similar, but the new stuff is a little deeper in flavor, and again, I figure some topping may have been lost with age on the old stuff. Funny you ask because I'm going to a show on Saturday and taking some with me, so Ill try again and see how it is.
"Show on Saturday" isn't by chance the Raleigh TAPS pipe show at the fairgrounds????? :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":e4qkia6w said:
JimInks":e4qkia6w said:
Bugsahearn":e4qkia6w said:
I'm not certain when Sutliff bought it. I fairly sure it went to another company inbetween. Seems to me I heard 1974, but I'm afraid to say that declaratively, and I'm not sure when Sutliff acquired it from whoever bought it first. I was told Sutliff is using the original formula, and btw, they pay royalties to Robinson's grand daughter.

I have smoked two different 1960s versions, and still have some left of the early '60s. They taste pretty much the same, though the older one gathered some spice, likely due to age. The topping seems similar, but the new stuff is a little deeper in flavor, and again, I figure some topping may have been lost with age on the old stuff. Funny you ask because I'm going to a show on Saturday and taking some with me, so Ill try again and see how it is.
"Show on Saturday" isn't by chance the Raleigh TAPS pipe show at the fairgrounds????? :cheers: FTRPLT
Yes. I'll be at Basil Meadows' table helping him, smoking outside, and generally finding ways to get everybody arrested. :affraid: :D

JimInks":0szm97nm said:
ftrplt":0szm97nm said:
JimInks":0szm97nm said:
Bugsahearn":0szm97nm said:

Yes. I'll be at Basil Meadows' table helping him, smoking outside, and generally finding ways to get everybody arrested. :affraid: :D
Well damn :evil: :evil: I'm not going to be there this year; first miss in a long time. Would enjoy saying "Howdy!!" Have fun!! :cheers: FTRPLT