My reviews on tobaccoreviews.com

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben

Reaction score
It's been a while since I read through some of my notes on tobaccoreviews.com (I post reviews under the name bigblends, in case you're curious). This one is among the most fun:

Samuel Gawith X Blend
9/12/2006

Unfortunately, I received a very generous sample of this in an exchange with a fellow pipe smoker. X Blend is, thankfully, a limited-edition release. I should have taken that as a sign.

I couldn't quite wrap my head around how an Oriental/Cavendish blend might be tasty in the least, and my skepticism was justified when I set all good reason and judgment aside to try X Blend. I suspect that Gawith had some tobaccos sitting around, perhaps from other experiments, and, for the sake of a good joke at the expense of those who snap up anything limited edition, tossed these bottom-shelf weeds together and tinned them. Slapping a Limited Edition label on the tins was a slick way to move this foul stuff.

Ever wanted to taste heat, smoldering plastic, charred pork, acid, and all things bitter, burned, and sour at the same time? Pack your pipe with X Blend. Want to get back at that son-of-a-bitch brother-in-law of yours who has all the $2000 high-end pipes? Encourage him to fill his best bowls with X Blend. He'll be using his fancy Danish briars as kindling to start the grill at the next family cookout.

I'd sooner use my favorite pipe as an instrument to assess my dog's stools via combustion than punish the briar with a bowl of X Blend. In fact, I feel sorry for the landfill that must accommodate the rest of the sample I discarded.

:lol!:

Poor timing on this thread. I included four tins in the Secret Santa box I just sent out! Hope who ever gets my package doesn't read this thread! :lol!:

Natch

It will be soon forgotten when some sucker... Err I mean lucky individual opens my box and gets count 'em TWO MacB Cube.