My snuff stash (retitled thread)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd definitely recommend the Sam Gawith Apricot and F&T Morlaix to start. Those both "taste" awesome and are easy to use.

I got my first snuff order in last week. I only ordered $20 worth, but I think its going to last me forever.

I got:
Gawith Apricot
Gawith KB Original
Gawith Menthol
Poeschl Loewen-Prise
Die Kralingen Gingerbread (for the holiday season)

I'm not sure what I think about snuff. It will never replace pipes or cigars, but I suppose it has a minor role to play. Kinda gross too when I think about it. Lots of boogers..... :no:

Which Gawith did you get Ocelot, Sam or Hoggarth? Personally I like Sam snuff better so far. I figured I'd better order my big purchase soon so I did it today. I think I have enough to last the rest of my life now. Something like 6 pounds or so.

idbowman":a1dod3m1 said:
kaiser83":a1dod3m1 said:
Someone else would be better suited to answer that one but it affected them some sorta how and made it so we have to order from overseas.
Just giving this a little nudge, hoping that someone "in the know" can shed some light on this for me.
The PACT act is a US law. It affects US vendors. Mr Snuff is based in Ireland. Add to that there are treaties between the US and Great Briton that require the USPS to deliver anything that can be legally mailed in the UK.

The FDA required a full disclosure of ingredients for various tobacco products to be imported for sale in the US as well as some other requirements. As snuff vendors guard the recipes they are very reluctant to do so. Toque has been willing to jump through the hoops. Apparently Wilson's is willing to jump through some of the hoops and recently an importer has been willing to jump through the rest of them.

There are some UK vendors that will not do any tobacco business with US customers. But that is because of pressure from credit card processors. Same thing we have seen here with Pipe tobacco stores losing their processors temporarily.

This will completely go politics if it keeps going which is best in the RR. You are right about the PACT act, I just have worries about my tobacco like I have worries about my guns, and it is already proving to be a valid worry.

Welp I needed a new order so from:

Lil Brown Smoke Shop I got:
6 packs of Oliver Twist Original
2 pack of Oliver Twist Sunberry

From Mr. Snuff I got a small order:
Abraxas Café 11 15g
Abraxas FireDrac 15g
Bernard Magic Moments Black 10g
Paul Gotard Gooseberry Snuff Bottle 8g
Paul Gotard Rhubarb Snuff Bottle 8g
Samuel Gawith Apricot 25g
Oliver Twist Royal Tobacco Bits 1 pack
Bernard Minifranzl Steinzeug 10g (It's just a small snuff jar that was really cool)
Mr.Snuff Snuff Box

I think with what I brought that this order will get me through with snuff for this deployment, although I will have to order more Oliver Twist bits in about a month. That Paul Gotard Gooseberry is really becoming more and more awesome the more I use it. Oh if you are getting into snuff and have yet to check out the "Snuff Taker's Ephemeris" it is a darn cool little magazine that comes out a few times a year. http://www.stephemeris.com/ I think I need to order issue number 7 myself in fact.

Oh, Ocelot, how'd you like the Gingerbread snuff? I tried it but man is it a strong smell to be up my nose constantly. How did it treat you?

it was fun to revisit this!

Kaiser, I haven't tried the Gingerbread but the Christmas Pudding (Toque) is pretty nice!

I'm still way behind you, but I'm waiting on Mr. Snuff to get more of the 500g tubes of Viking Dark in, I'll buy at least one of those along with 250g or more of the F&T HDT...