My Stash

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnrust

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to pipe smoking. I started a couple years ago when my favorite cigars became even more difficult to find. I don't really have a cellar to store it all, so I use my humidor. What I can't fit in there, goes on the top shelf of the closet. The majority of the cigars are Hemingway Maduros, dating back to '03. Yummy. Unfortunately the pipe tobacco is young, most being bought this year. Now it's just a waiting game to try some aged virginia!

Very nice stash but I would get the pipe tobacco out of there not a good idea to store it in there. Enjoy!

That's a great collection of some classic tobacco,,,,congrats,,,,

I too am wondering if the high humidity level will cause rusting of your tins,,,,

Great stash, although I too would caution on keeping your tins and jars in a high humidity situation.

Nice stash! Those Hemingway maduro's gotta be tasting great from 03!!! Love the cigars & relatively new to pipes- I have far more cigars than pipe tobacco: 1000++ cigars, but less than 5 lbs of pipe tobacco... I love looking at the collections!

I should pull it all out of there, eh? Damn, now where am I going to put it? The wife doesn't look in there.

Soundwave13":8sasvak0 said:
Nice stash! Those Hemingway maduro's gotta be tasting great from 03!!! Love the cigars & relatively new to pipes- I have far more cigars than pipe tobacco: 1000++ cigars, but less than 5 lbs of pipe tobacco... I love looking at the collections!
They are pretty dang good. A real suprise are the Classic Naturals from 03. I have always considered them a good, but not great smoke. With the age on them, they are OUTSTANDING!

fishnrust":55asodoi said:
I should pull it all out of there, eh? Damn, now where am I going to put it? The wife doesn't look in there.
Plain, simple, Igloo Coolers work extremely well for stashing pipe tobacco tins. Keep them in the basement, if you have one.

that's quite the stash of goodies you have there, love the humidor.

Looks like you could smoke awhile...Ever smoked a Fuente Untold Story Maddie?

Yes, I have 2 boxes in there. I smoked my first Untold in 1995. Went into a Tinder box in El Cajon, CA. The clerk turned me on to them. They had a limit of 2 cigars. Went back 3 days later to see if I could buy 2 more, they were all sold out. Took me until 2008 to find them again. Scored the two boxes that year and have not been able to find a box of any Hemingway Maduro's since then. Odd that I started my Hemingway Maduro quest looking for that cigar, and may have ended the quest actually finding them. Picked up the pipe for the first time at the end of 2008 and haven't really looked for cigars since.

JohnnyFlake":ql2iiccl said:
fishnrust":ql2iiccl said:
Plain, simple, Igloo Coolers work extremely well for stashing pipe tobacco tins. Keep them in the basement, if you have one.
I second JF's suggestion. I've got a couple of the huge (something like a 120 or 150 quart?) coolers and one I keep cigars in with a humidifier, and the others I keep tobacco tins in with a moisture absorber. Some of the tins have over 12 years on them and not a speck of rust. Unfortunately, my body hasn't fared so well! Perhaps I need to spend more time in a low-humidity Igloo Cooler :?:

Natch

Very impressive stash. Helps to motivate me to work on my own. I think I will start using the "cooler" method. I have been keeping my cellar, the limited stash that it is, in a wooden drawer in my dark/cool closet. I like the idea of a cooler better though.

SWS