My take on GLP Chelsea Morning

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":mbd9kwrl said:
Kyle Weiss":mbd9kwrl said:
You know, there's a reason why I don't post on TR.com...I mentioned it somewhere else before, but not very directly.

There's too much opining over there, and it's usually really bad. Once in a rare while I find some really witty, decent and good reads over there, but it's like the pipe smoker's version of YouTube commentary. Too many go way overboard trying to be cute, "all-knowing, all-seeing," or totally nonobjective. That's after the inexperienced and reviews like "I HATED IT" are out of the way. :lol: I also don't like the "star rating" system, because it's often too difficult for people to understand. Don't believe me? I have read reviews where people said they LOVED the tobacco, but because it was too expensive, they gave it one star. I have read reviews where people said they HATED the tobacco, but because their dad smoked it, it got four stars. What the hell? :lol: I don't want to get lost over there--plus, I'm waaaay to new to be thinking I can throw down "I just tried." I'd catch hell from someone because I didn't smoke ten tins before I wrote it--regardless of my reasons why I think noting first impressions are important.

Nope, I'd rather have my stuff where people I care about can read and consider my thoughts, then comment, joke around, make suggestions, discuss and hang out. Plus, chances are, a Brother gifted me the sample, I think they should participate somehow, even if it's just to thank them! I figure I either don't like the tobacco, or I do like it, or I think I should give it some more concentration. Nope, I'm keepin' it here, and using BoB as my personal pipe note sandbox that other people just happen to read. 8)
I'd like to nominate this as "post of the year"!

Nothing against TR, mind. Just well thought out and expressed!

8)

Cheers,

RR

I recently deleted my TR account and started a new one (don't ask me why...I'm ridiculous like that). I use it more for my personal notes and such...I do get some use out of the reviews - the key is to find a few reviewers that seem to have similar tastes as you and whose reviews are respectable; I spend a lot more time searching by reviewer than I do searching by blend/brand. I totally agree about the star system...even a numerical 1-10 rating system would be light years better.

It's funny--tech was worried that he wasn't eloquent or "good" enough to write a review, and here he is stirring up conversation about Chelsea Morning. He wrote exactly what he needed to write, and it just so happened to go with the color and tone with the board.

TR.com could have a 1,000 star rating, and people would still misuse it. It isn't how specific the stars are, it's how (__________ insert your own adjective) the reviewers are. :lol:

When people started using their reviews for opinions a soap box and ego trip, the usefulness went downhill fast. So it's no wonder we're doin' just fine over here: we're held accountable for what we say since our first post isn't going to be the last word. It's called "discussion." 8)

I still like TR.com, too, ain't gonna knock 'em, it's the reviewers that make me facepalm. I still love using the site as a blend/mix archive to find out what is in it and see what at least a few good reviewers have to say.

Great review. What I like is you didn't over think what to write, you put wrote it like a documentary. Thanks for the review.

Like most latakia Pease blends, I genuinely enjoy CM. Nobody does lat like Pease. Even in his strong lat blends like Odyssey, he just has that way of including the lat while the other flavors sing as well; nothing gets drowned out.

While you get that lat flavor in your face right off the bat, the other elements in the smoke bring a smille to your face very shortly thereafter, and don't let go.

exceptionally well-done, sir! i'm gonna PM you a list of baccys i'd like you to write up!!!!

thanks!
doody

Thanks guys for the encouragement.
I have a couple new to me things on deck. I may do when I get some bowls under my belt.
Doody, your welcome to send a list if you like. :shock: :lol: