My Tamper Collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeDragon

Reaction score
I decided to wrangle up my tampers and take a few pics of them :)

tamper10.jpg
[/url][/img]

tamper11.jpg
[/url][/img]

tamper12.jpg
[/url][/img]

Wow, those range the gamut from provocative to deadly. Nice collection.

Cool stuff. Do you use them all or some are just for display.

Wow! Some of those look like miniature weapons. Definitely puts my pocketful of charred golf tees to shame.

i.keenum":zttxjdb9 said:
Cool stuff. Do you use them all or some are just for display.
Thanks

I use a few and the others are on display. It didnt start out that way but somewhere along the line I discovered fingers and started using them :face:

Very nice collection, a lot of them look like they were made by the same artist, is that you?, I like the bladed idea, wicked looking.

I love your carved wooden tampers, they are pretty damn gorgeous.

Briar Boy":gns7vw8n said:
Very nice collection, a lot of them look like they were made by the same artist, is that you?, I like the bladed idea, wicked looking.
Thanks and nope..Im not the carver/maker of any of them (just the collector/user) :)

On the top page/picture left to right: The mermaid/anter scrimshaw (Ebay), the four in the middle (Todd Harris with his pipes), the scrolled spiral silver nail (a gift from my buddy), the nautilus one (had it made by Kurt to go with my Kurt Huhn Nautilus),
the check tool (from Boswell I believe), the chartan (another gift from my buddy).

On the bottom two pages/pictures: They are all made by Art (owner/creator of Ming-Kahuna)

Heres the link to his site if you would like to check it out: http://www.ming-kahuna.com/index.cfm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of those tampers would get me arrested over here if I were to carry them around. That's usually a good sign :)

Greyson":3nydca9r said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of those tampers would get me arrested over here if I were to carry them around. That's usually a good sign :)
That'll be a ticket straight to ASBO for you, young man... 8)

Harlock999":86mw6gp0 said:
Greyson":86mw6gp0 said:
That'll be a ticket straight to ASBO for, young man... 8)
:lol!: I had never heard the term "ASBO" until they started airing Misfits here in the U.S.

George Kaplan":tfkmvvky said:
Harlock999":tfkmvvky said:
Greyson":tfkmvvky said:
That'll be a ticket straight to ASBO for, young man... 8)
:lol!: I had never heard the term "ASBO" until they started airing Misfits here in the U.S.
Huh???? (ASBO) that is