N00b from middle of nowhere

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natch":gdv4xiq2 said:
I'm Natch, the one that makes the lives of college students a living hell (and I get paid, albeit it poorly, to do it!).
not sure I understand your meaning there

thanks for the welcomes guys

I'm MisterE, the one who slaps his college trumpet students around for not getting it (and payed even more poorly then Natch is to do so). :lol:

Seriously, welcome!! 8)

Welcome to the forums Clay. Don't take the guys here too seriously, most of them have been smoking something. :santa:

I'm Kyle Weiss. I've never been to college, and it shows. I was inspired into this hobby via dogs who smoke pipes.

*eatspaintchips*

Welcome!

I'm Jim, a student of the hobby. I cut class a lot so you prolly don't want to cheat off my paper.

Natch is a college professor. He's just trying to trick you into giving a wrong answer so he can make you stay late and clean the erasers.

Welcome friend, your in luck here. I not only didn't go to college
I didn't finish school. So your already ahead of me I reckon, along with a few other 1000 people here.
Never stop seeking knowledge my friend. :D

Hi, Clay. I'm Jack. I'm a college dropout who chose to make a living with my back instead of my mind and now I'm retired but old beyond my years and decrepit like an antique rocking chair that held a three hundred pound woman... all I have is my peace of mind and my pipes. Enjoy your pipes and stay in school.

Welcome to the board! :D

Im glad Clay is here.
Clay is one sillybull. Brandon is two sillybulls.
A sillybull is a way to break down a word by clapping your hands. Sillybull was also the retarded brother of Sittingbull, I listened.. I wasn't asleep. Anyway I never did understand why Natch had us breaking words by clapping sillybulls but I do know that the less sillybull's in your name the easier it is for him to call on you. If I were you I'd prbaoly do like Cassius Clay and change my name to more sillybulls

Clay,

Welcome to one of the nicest forums around of any kind.

Does that sound like I am sucking up cause I'm so new? :mrgreen:

Hey Behike54 - I don't think it is sucking up...although I do hear that sucking sound coming from my wallet whenever I browse around looking at pipes!

Natch - I used to teach classical guitar at college level. Remember getting essays from students fraught with bad grammar and spelling. One of my favorites was:

"Robert and shortly his son ...." I asked the kid did Robert Dowland have a son named Shortly?" Tried to point out the use of a comma with this example:

Can't remember where I found this, but it is entertaining.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a
horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Welcome, Clay! I hope you enjoy your time here

"T" -- another professor