NASPC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantiff49

Reaction score
are there any members out there? if so can you tell me anything about it....Dan

I am a member. I get the monthly magazine/newsletter. Usually makes for a leisurely read while piping. Good info, stories, insight, history. Inexpensive. And you get discounts at a few retailers around the US for being a member.

PozzSka":c2yns81f said:
Inexpensive.
Yes it is a great deal! I highly recommend becoming a member along with subscribing to Pipes and Tobacco's magazine. An interest as esoteric as ours is lucky to have these publications. I even got a shout out in the latest issue of The Pipe Collector!  :shock:

I use ta could, reckon I outta send my dues in again.  :roll: 

I highly recommend it also! Fun reads, and it's always a blast to catch up with other NASPC members at shows and stuff.

Considering the price, it's not a bad deal at all, especially with the discounts and whatnot.

daveinlax":w0a1ui3k said:
PozzSka":w0a1ui3k said:
Inexpensive.
Yes it is a great deal! I highly recommend becoming a member along with subscribing to Pipes and Tobacco's magazine. An interest as esoteric as ours is lucky to have these publications. I even got a shout out in the latest issue of The Pipe Collector!  :shock:

Haha! I'll have to go look for that....  :lol!: 

I also highly recommend you subscribe. In light of the fact that publications that reflect the interests of our hobby are few and far between, why not support them, it certainly is not cost prohibitive, IMHO.

You will enjoy the publication, I've been a subscriber for years (over a decade?) and have always enjoyed reading it. Since the demise of Tom Dunn's, The Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris, this "little" publication has grown in quantity (volume size) and quality (not that it was ever lacking it).

Lou

Just to echo previous comments, I highly recommend both NASPC and Pipes & Tobaccos magazine.

I subscribed because of this thread. Now to wait for my magazine!

I do subscribe to the quarterly P&T magazine, which I love. I haven't looked into NASPC membership.. Perhaps I'll check it out. I am going to try and make the West Coast Pipe Show in November, if time permits.

Joining the NASPC was the best $12 I ever spend in any year. I get the digital edition of "The Pipe Collector" which is always excellent. Dave was mentioned in this recent issue, as was Lou C! I'm email friends with Ralph Larsen (Ralph from NJ). I hope to meet him this summer. I have been buying the back issues of The Pipe Collector, $5 for a years worth is a deal and has gotten me thru the last couple of winters. Don't delay joining!

I'm a member, and it's a GREAT value for what you get. The newsletter (more like a magazine, really) is a fine publication...I prefer it to the glossier Pipes and Tobacco Magazine (which is not to say I don't like P&C...I subscribe to it, too, but NASPC's pub is better).

They also put on a great show in Columbus, OH in late August if you're so inclined.

I don't mean to shamelessly plug, but I do also write columns for the Pipe Collector, so if you'd like to read some of the longer ramblings of your fellow BoB members, check it out!

I can't think of a better reason to buy a membership.  ;) 

WarlockBob":th47vret said:
I don't mean to shamelessly plug, but I do also write columns for the Pipe Collector, so if you'd like to read some of the longer ramblings of your fellow BoB members, check it out!

I can't think of a better reason to buy a membership.  ;) 
Wow, do you use another name?

Riff Raff, my real name is Bobby Fabian. I'm in the last two issues that have come out, and it looks like I'll be covering the GCKPC show write up this year.  :pirat: 

WarlockBob":6mtw1rcl said:
Riff Raff, my real name is Bobby Fabian. I'm in the last two issues that have come out, and it looks like I'll be covering the GCKPC show write up this year.  :pirat: 
No Kiddin! I quite enjoyed reading you in this most recent edition...very cool.

Next, we'll find out Puff Daddy is actually ralph in jersey.