Navy Blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":utbv7ggj said:
MisterE":utbv7ggj said:
ctownsen357":utbv7ggj said:
Please forgive the newbie question but which brand is SG?
Samuel Gawith. But forget about getting any. There never is any to be had, lol. :(
*nudge*

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t14872-bobag-bob-acronym-guide-preliminary-help-add-stuff

:cheers:
The master deflty nudges grasshopper and rewards the young man with a smile. Great team work.

Samuel Gawith. But forget about getting any. There never is any to be had, lol.
You know, SG really does produce great tobacco, but I'm not going to break my butt or bank account trying to get any. Guess I'll just write them off for now. There are plenty of others. Wonder what the deal is?

I have a stash of McClelland navy cavendish that I hit everyonce in a while. It is about 10 years old and a nice smoke but taste more like a wine than anything with rum in it.

the macdonald":x3bg4tci said:
I have a stash of McClelland navy cavendish that I hit everyonce in a while. It is about 10 years old and a nice smoke but taste more like a wine than anything with rum in it.
That's funny because I get that wine note with many aged VA flakes but "rum" blends do have a pronounced wine-like flavor and tin aroma after a few years in the tin to my tastes.

Also, I'll add Fribourg & Treyer Special Brown Flake to the list of must try Navy Blends.

Richard Burley":inpjfkr8 said:
Samuel Gawith. But forget about getting any. There never is any to be had, lol.
You know, SG really does produce great tobacco, but I'm not going to break my butt or bank account trying to get any. Guess I'll just write them off for now. There are plenty of others. Wonder what the deal is?
IMHO SG is producing 100% maximum output and not inclined to expand production despite demand. Therefore whatever they have available sells out fast.

This more or less was related to me many years ago by someone at SG when I had arranged a tour, but had to cancel at the last minute due to circumstances. BTW, they don't do tours normally. This was kind of a one-off and I'm now sorry I couldn't take them up on their kind offer.

Such is life.....

:(

Cheers,

RR