Navy Flake wimp

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Man, I haven't smoked MacB Navy Flake for about 2 years. Stuffed a flake (1 flake!) into an olive bulldog this morning, and smoked about half of it. MAN it hit me like a hammer. I don't remember it being that strong.

:drunken: :sleep:

I had to go buy some french fries and a pepsi.

I've only had that experience once, for better or for worse. I had just finished working an overnight shift at work, and had probably been up for around 23ish hours. On the way home I stopped and sat outside for a bit and smoked a bowl of something, for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. I really wish I could, because I'd love to have the experience again! :bounce: Anyhow, I barely made it the rest of the way home. I overdid it slightly, and spent the next few hours sweating in bed with my room spinning wildly! :affraid:

It was excellent fun! I'll definitely have to give the navy flake a try. :pipe:

Thats why Dock is such a tough guy ;)...............he can handle it !!!

Still havent tried it yet, meself

I ALMOST bought some "Navy Flake" at Edwards Pipe & tobacco last week but opted for the Savanelli "English Mixture" instead. The Savanelli is growing on me...seems to get better and better. I'm going to try to stick to one tobacco at a time getting started. ( I know...I know...thats no fun! :mrgreen: )

It could be just that particular tin. I smoke it regularly because it isn't very strong. Of the 50+ tins I've smoked, I've only found one tin to be high in nicotine.

Jim

Jim, that's my recollection too. I smoke a lot of Mac Baren because I am fairly sensitive to nicotine. Can't stand University Flake, Irish Flake, 1792... all those big hitters gag me.

This is the first flake from a new tin.... smoked it for about 45 minutes, I guess, driving, so it was a nice easy smoke. And when I got out of the truck, I was just wrecked. And I used to smoke 2 or 3 of those flakes in a big freehand...WTF

Hoosier, if you are enjoying the English, keep it at until you find you are sick of it.
Navy Flake is sort of a plain, old fashioned tobacco. Nothing fancy, but it smells nice and tastes pretty good in a burley sort of way. And makes an easy introduction to flakes. Much more regular in cut and moisture than any Gawith flake, for example.

Sasquatch":5qskvnqi said:
Jim, that's my recollection too. I smoke a lot of Mac Baren because I am fairly sensitive to nicotine. Can't stand University Flake, Irish Flake, 1792... all those big hitters gag me.

This is the first flake from a new tin.... smoked it for about 45 minutes, I guess, driving, so it was a nice easy smoke. And when I got out of the truck, I was just wrecked. And I used to smoke 2 or 3 of those flakes in a big freehand...WTF

Hoosier, if you are enjoying the English, keep it at until you find you are sick of it.
Navy Flake is sort of a plain, old fashioned tobacco. Nothing fancy, but it smells nice and tastes pretty good in a burley sort of way. And makes an easy introduction to flakes. Much more regular in cut and moisture than any Gawith flake, for example.
I'm a nicotine wussy too. I figure, like me, you have never smoked cigarettes. Still, I like to be kicked in the ass on occasions; I used to be married, after all.

History Major said: " I'd love to have the experience again! ... I barely made it the rest of the way home. I overdid it slightly, and spent the next few hours sweating in bed with my room spinning wildly!
It was excellent fun!"

Yea, that happened to me when I was your age, her name was...

oh wait, we're talking tobacco here?

Never mind.

Natch

Texas Outlaw I figure said:
Correct - not a nicotine junky at all. Just about the only mixture I could smoke 2 bowls of in a row (maybe) is Davidoff Danish Mix... no nic at all.

Sasquatch":xenohg8e said:
Correct - not a nicotine junky at all. Just about the only mixture I could smoke 2 bowls of in a row (maybe) is Davidoff Danish Mix... no nic at all.

BTW,
I purchased a pre-embargo Cuban in Corpus a few years back and attempted to smoke it on the way home (two hour drive). First I puked. Then I kept smoking. The high I got was different than just a nicotine high. I felt like I was floating...

C'mon Barack! Lift the Embargo!

Make Daddy happy... :elephant:

Natch":c1o1l5v7 said:
History Major said: " I'd love to have the experience again! ... I barely made it the rest of the way home. I overdid it slightly, and spent the next few hours sweating in bed with my room spinning wildly!
It was excellent fun!"

Yea, that happened to me when I was your age, her name was...

oh wait, we're talking tobacco here?

Never mind.

Natch
:lol!:

Yep, I've still got the tin I bought last fall. I occasionally partake of it, but only after a full meal and I can sit and sip slowly on it. And I thought it was just me.

rick":543fqolu said:
Thats why Dock is such a tough guy ;)...............he can handle it !!!

Still havent tried it yet, meself
Navy Flake makes me strong like bull! :lol:

What a bunch of girly men! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I smoke my first bowl of NF right after breakfast and continue smoking it til' I go to bed at night! It does give me a little boyant/lightheaded feeling but that's sorta what I like about it. It makes it far easier to deal with my customers that way! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You are a man amonst men. I smoked a half bowl last night, and the other half this morning. Really enjoyed it. So I'm a half-flaker. :tongue:

I smoked a pound of it last year,prefer it over Stokkybe's Navy Flake and Samuel
Gawith Navy Flake.I will get 2 pounds at the pipe show Sat.These Navy Flakes go
back to the days when ships were wood and men were iron.

Winslow :sunny:

It's good stuff. No idea what the Navy connection is.... it's not rummy, and it's mostly burley.... whatever. Tasty is tasty, and it is.