New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Wanted to post two of my latest additions. From my limited understanding of Caminetto Gold 'stache' is they go back to the '70s from the Ascorti/Radice era. Considering the vintage both pipes are in excellent condition. I'm guessing not most folks cup of tea but interesting non the less.

Pipes2011011.jpg

You guessed wrong, my friend. Caminetto pipes are some of the finest smoking pipes ever made, especially the older ones that you are fortunate to own. Sweet smoking, dry, and collectible also. Enjoy them to the fullest. congrats on a fine choice.
:cheers:
Doc

Nabbing one of those still ranks high on my wish list. Plenty of guys still interested. :D

Ah... 70's-era Caminettos. Quirky styling, funky stems, and sublime wood. Some of the lightest, driest-smoking briar ever sold (and no one knows quite how they did it).

Enjoy! :D

I have an antique store that has about 4-5 of these for about 70-100 bucks a piece. 1970's. Could use some cleaning, but are they worth it? The owner of the store LOVES THEM.

You must be near Athens, and Charles Stewart's antique shop!!!
He happens to be a very knowledgeable and astute collector. He's a wealth of knowledge and won't steer you wrong. I see him at most big pipe shows and the going price for older Cams is exactly the price you mentioned.
Doc

I picked mine up for about $120 ech fully cleaned and restored so I would think $70 - $100 sounds about right. I’m fortunate in that I prefer rusticated and sandblast over a straight grain. Although I can appreciate seeing a nicely finished grain, there is just something about a rusticated or blasted pipe and the skill required to make it flow that I admire. The darker finished pipe on the right of the picture is a very curious panel design and the contrast with the ivory stem makes it quite striking.

I have an old Caminetto Business from the late '70s that I obtained unsmoked. Now it's a broken in beauty and ranks up there with my other high ends. Those '70s Caminettos are definitely great smokers. Good buy!

The shape on the right is one of my favorites. Both are sharp pipes. Guaranteed pleasure.