New Churchwarden

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proper response:

"Thank you, Kyle, for getting the discussion about actually acquiring the pipe going." :suspect: :lol: 8)

Kyle Weiss":baqhb1s8 said:
The proper response:

"Thank you, Kyle, for getting the discussion about actually acquiring the pipe going." :suspect: :lol: 8)
I stand corrected, Sir Kyle...but I am standing ahead of you in line. :twisted:

Buckshot":obj4gcce said:
Yeah yeah, keep yer pants on. :lol: This tread caused such a stir I wonder if Growley isn't doing it on purpose. What a PR stunt. :cheers:

Maybe Growley needs to be the one considered for our BoB Pipe Of The Year maker... Hmmm...

...speaking of stirring things up on purpose... 8)

Kyle Weiss":071zw8wy said:
Buckshot":071zw8wy said:
Yeah yeah, keep yer pants on. :lol: This tread caused such a stir I wonder if Growley isn't doing it on purpose. What a PR stunt. :cheers:

Maybe Growley needs to be the one considered for our BoB Pipe Of The Year maker... Hmmm...

...speaking of stirring things up on purpose... 8)
I was thinking the same thing. The BoB pipe, that is...

PR stunt....I can't put on an efficient PR stunt until I get my chicken suit back from the dry cleaners and the hole patched in my giant inflatable pig...

That is a really nice looking pipe, and the craftsmanship is spot on the money. The colors are nice, and work well together. The stummel / shank transition looks nice and flows well. I am normally not one for any type of white stemwork, but what you have going on there works really well. White with a touch of translucence. It makes me think of frosted glass, which is so much better than just a whitish looking stem.

CygnusXII":ubfrwxq7 said:
That is a really nice looking pipe, and the craftsmanship is spot on the money. The colors are nice, and work well together. The stummel / shank transition looks nice and flows well. I am normally not one for any type of white stemwork, but what you have going on there works really well. White with a touch of translucence. It makes me think of frosted glass, which is so much better than just a whitish looking stem.
Thanks. I wish the pics showed the stem better. The acrylic I used on this on is a Mother-of-pearl and however they make it, it has some awesome qualities to it. Sometimes it almost looks like steer horn or polished bone or something.

Out of curiosity, Growley, why do you want to change the stem? Is the bit uncomfortable?

Kyle Weiss":xrllk0ms said:
Out of curiosity, Growley, why do you want to change the stem? Is the bit uncomfortable?
No, it's just a bit more thin than I typically like to make them. I don't think it would last the long haul. Even though this isn't a clencher pipe, I'm a clencher...and goodness knows I'll try. That's what strong teeth and neck muscles are for! :D

I plan on making another stem even just for myself. I like things to be as perfect as my skills will let me make them...and this one isn't up to my skill level, so if I don't remake it, it will bug me to death.

Well, if it ever goes unloved and unappreciated by you (or whatever brother "adopts" it), let me know. Thin stem or not. I'm not a clencher, so stem thickness is somewhat irrelevant to the smoke, but applicable to the look--and this one's got the look!

8)

Kyle Weiss":5vuwilsr said:
Well, if it ever goes unloved and unappreciated by you (or whatever brother "adopts" it), let me know. Thin stem or not. I'm not a clencher, so stem thickness is somewhat irrelevant to the smoke, but applicable to the look--and this one's got the look!

8)
na na na na na,... she's got the look. Sorry, I grew up in the 90's, and how often do you get to quote Roxette these days?

Growley":hy5rl2yt said:
Kyle Weiss":hy5rl2yt said:

8)
na na na na na,... she's got the look. Sorry, I grew up in the 90's, and how often do you get to quote Roxette these days?
I remember being in Middle School and the bus driver being somewhat obsessed with that song. I totally ran it in my head for a moment regarding the pipe, and considered posting a YouTube, but there's been some filthy talk of me going off topic at times (...me??!!?? Good heavens!)... :lol:

...and thank goodness it wasn't "Joyride." 8)

Guess I'm showing my age. :scratch: My mind went straight to Prince and Sheena Easton's "U Got the Look". 8)

George Kaplan":yzoetrg0 said:
Guess I'm showing my age. :scratch: My mind went straight to Prince and Sheena Easton's "U Got the Look". 8)
No, those were also under consideration, but Roxette is more obscure. *shrug* You fool, GK, age means nothing in regard to music in the Era of the Internet.

Kyle Weiss":gllzf2rm said:
George Kaplan":gllzf2rm said:
No, those were also under consideration, but Roxette is more obscure. *shrug* You fool, GK, age means nothing in regard to music in the Era of the Internet.
I'll split the difference. BOTH songs came to mind.

Typically I don't like the look of white stemmed pipes, but I usually always love apple or brandy shaped pipes.

This white stem does have a unique look, so whatever Kyle offers you Brian, I will double! :geek:

Dutch":kbudi7jt said:
Typically I don't like the look of white stemmed pipes, but I usually always love apple or brandy shaped pipes.

This white stem does have a unique look, so whatever Kyle offers you Brian, I will double! :geek:
This is why shill bidding works. :lol!:

8)

The pipe is stupendous Growley, damn fine work brother. And I have to admit...no songs came to mind. in that light if the pipe goes unloved maybe it should go to the next generation down from Kyle who has a bit more time to show it the pipe love it deserves for longer. :twisted: (Age was probably a bad direction to go, but my lack of music knowledge led me there lol)