New from Central Pennsylvania

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billm67

Reaction score
I am new to this forum but started smoking cigars more than 20 years ago and moved to pipes about 12 years ago. I am from the Harrisburg area and have a wife, 4 kids and three dogs. I probably own 30 pipes and started out with basket pipes and then moved to some Savanelli's, a couple of Peterson's and a Nording or two...then I bought a cool red spiral fluted pipe that was from a local pipe maker. It smoked cool and dry....and was terrific from the first bowl. I was hooked on this makers pipes! Well to make a long story short the pipe was from JM Boswell and at that time it cost $38. I have been hooked on Bowells pipes ever since. Currently 11 of my pipes wear JM's signature. I have bought others since...but they never seem to smoke as good.

I am a die hard aromatic smoker and lover Tinderbox's blend called Black Russian. The problem is that the local Tinderbox closed up. So now I am smoking a mixture of 1/2 Chocolate Cavendish mixed with 1/2 Cherry....If anyone knows a blend to get closer to Black Russian...please let me know. I work on Computers for a living....and play guitars and ride motorcycles for fun. The current stable has a G&L Strat, and Eastman Dreadnaught, A couple of Kentucky Mandolins and a Shen Upright bass. The bike is a Harley Electra Glide with plenty of room for a pipe bag in the tour pak.

That's about all there is to tell about me.....I welcome the chance to get to know others here and talk about one of my favorite things....Pipes!

Welcome. I'm just new by a few days myself.

Just starting to learn about Boswells. I was on their website today and was mightily impressed by what I saw.

Welcome to the forum from the Eastern part of the state!

Welcome. I frequent Boswells a lot, living just down the road in Hagerstown. I have two of JM's pipes and love his tobacco blends (Bear, Premium Burley & Cherry Cobler, current favorites).

Nice to see another Pennsylvanian in the ranks. Keep in touch, a lot of Pittsburghers make road trips to Boswell's and it'd be great to smoke a bowl with you there. It's a good excuse to buy more rations.

Welcome to the forum, so do you need for somebody to send you some Black Russian? You should just call another store and have some sent to you.