New From Dallas, In Arkansas For School

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallbright

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to this forum but a regular at Christian Pipe Smokers, Pipe Chat, and Pipes Magazine. I am from Dallas but am in school in Arkansas. I first bought a Savinelli Bent Bob pipe from a local B&M in Dallas for $16. I liked the pipe but had no idea what I was doing so I gave up pipes for cigars. After the new cigar taxes and such I switched back to pipes as it is way cheaper. Two months ago I bought a Savinelli Venezia 677KS as my first nice pipe and have since bought around 30 more pipes including a Savinelli Autograph. However, most of the pipes were from estate lots on ebay. I enjoy restoring these old pipes and reselling them for reasonable prices ($8-15 on average shipped) to guys on the other forums. I do not make much of a profit but what I do make I invest back into more pipes to restore. (Yes, I said invest, remember that next time you tell your wife about your PAD, it's an investment :D ). I smoke as often as I can and I have been adopted by a local pipe club. I hope to smoke my pipe for many years to come as well as making friendships that will last for many years to come.

Good to see you here WB.. And welcome to a great place to share and learn.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck..

Thanks guys. I should also make a note, I wish I had done this earlier on other forums, but my screen name stands for my first initial and my last name. So it is W. Allbright, For some reason some guys think it says Wall Bright and call me such in person when we meet lol.

Other than that hobie dude,...troublemaker at large... this is a great place

I got a Venezia 320 KS recently and have really enjoyed some Frog Morton in it. I'm going back to buy its brother - the rusticated 320.

Welcome and enjoy your time here.

Sorry I am just now replying but I totally forgot to check back to this website. :oops:

Ol'Dawg":9fkwt5m4 said:
Howdy and welcome to BoB!
It's a good thing you don't smoke Walnut. :)

Jim
Haha I actually do smoke walnut that a friend sent me. Pretty good very light English blend.

Natch":9fkwt5m4 said:
Welcome to the fray. What school are you at, U of A in Fayetteville perchance?

Natch
John Brown University, but shhhh don't tell because we aren't supposed to use any kind of tobacco lol.

Haha thanks fellas. I have been a member since December though and was just replying to the posts from then as I have not been back since then, well logged in. I have been browsing the forums since then but forgot to login so I never saw the posts in this thread until now. Sorry if there was any confusion.