New guy from Alaska!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm from Alaska and have recently gotten into pipe smoking! I plan on becoming a serious pipe and tobbacco collector someday. Unfortunately, I can't yet because I'm still a young college student, and I don't have the money for it. I have two briar pipes, and have tried a small variety of tobaccos from my tobacconist. I love it! I started with cigars, but I've come to like pipe smoking a lot more. I look forward to learning about and discussing different pipes and tobaccos on this board!

Cheers,
Patrick

Thanks everyone.

It's good to meet a fellow Patrick, especially a pipe smoker! Alaska's pretty awesome. Incredible nature! Plenty of things to do and hobbies to pursue in the vast wilderness here :D ! It's not without its downsides though (like the wind and the dark).

Welcome and yes this is a great board for talking pipes and pipe smoking for sure. Lots of nice people and helpful too!

Skip

Welcome, Patrick. Don't worry about being a broke ass pipe smoker, look at what these cigarette smokers are paying. Pipe smoking can just as easily be a poor man's hobby.

welcome patrick! a lot of us started out with just one or two pipes.

Welcome. Always nice to see young folks joining the brotherhood. The more the merrier.

Greenleaf":wqusgklv said:
Welcome, Patrick. Don't worry about being a broke ass pipe smoker, look at what these cigarette smokers are paying. Pipe smoking can just as easily be a poor man's hobby.
Yeah, good pipe tobacco is pretty cheap up here, although there's not a huge selection. I like how good the smoke smells and how little of a niccotine craving there is compared to cigarrettes. The hardest thing for me is how tempting it is to buy new pipes! I see all the different styles, and sometimes I search for pipes on ebay just to stare at them, and it takes incredible self-control to keep from clicking the button to buy them!

For now I'm stuck enjoying my two pipes. I have a rusticated straight briar estate pipe from ebay: 5 3/4" long with a pretty small bowl. I don't know who made it; all it says on it is Whitehall on the bottom of it. I like the looks of it, but it doesn't smoke as well as my other pipe which I got from my tobacconist: has a medium sized bowl, is partially bent, 5.5" long and has a more standard look. I'll try to upload pictures soon. :)

Greetings from Anchorage, Patrick, and welcome aboard!

Check your mail box for a PM...

One day I will make it up to Alaska, just to say I've been there. Welcome to the BoB 8)