New Guy Here --- Adirondack Mountains, NY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've wanted to spend a week up in the ADKs next summer but I don't really now where to start. I'm no woodsman so I need a base hotel to kind of get my bearings and figure the place out a little. Any suggestions where I should go?

WingRider: I have a HD sportster that I bought almost ten years ago... I've wanted to upgrade, but I've put some customization on this bike, and I really don't want to sell my first bike to finance another. I'll have to save up my pennies and wait :) I've been curious to check out some Triumphs and such, too. But, I'm really interested in rebuilding something like an old 42WLA.

I usually attend the Harley Rendezvous in upstate NY each year. That's a good party :D

bazsup: I would say to stay somewhere either around or in Lake Placid if you need a good base camp. The drive up is gorgeous and it would put you near a ton of hiking trails, canoeing spots, etc. There is stuff to do in town during the day and night, good food, etc. If you are looking for something a little more rustic, I would check out some of the "hotels" around Speculator. And, you can camp anywhere in the Park with some minor restrictions.

I spent two weeks once after college with a few friends, camping from town to town across the Adks and into Vermont. What a good time. We would camp and hike around, then go into towns for the night when we were close enough. What a blast.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will have a great time here. I also live in the northeast, about 45 south of Boston.