New Members

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
longbottom":73maf4x0 said:
I got banned for starting a post that they closed Roth's goodbye post!
Like I said, a lot less offensive than one might imagine ... based on what I saw (and I think I saw most, if not all of it), those who felt bruised by the comments must be some pretty delicate hot-house flowers ... there just wasn't anything in public view that could be construed by most folks as ban-worthy.

I've been part of a number of forums and have witnessed the sort of (smack) talk that one might imagine could get a person banned ... but, bannings almost never occurred, even after some pretty cringe-inducing comments ... post deletions were about all that ever happened.

longbottom":9yk84ebk said:
I have veen waiting a couple of days for asylum approval - and nothing.

I got banned for starting a post that they closed Roth's goodbye post! Instant banning!  I feel like I am Amish with the shunning!  That was all I did.  and mentioned kevin's 1930's Black and white shoes as mentioned by a member previously.

:twisted: 
I see this as a new start, although I've actually been a member here almost as long as on the "other" pipe hobby site.

Personally, I don't think I did anything wrong over there, nor on this site, for that matter. And my many friends here, I believe, agree.

I do welcome all the new members who joined me here, and a big hello to all the other friends I have here already.

rothnh":pj4l6xcr said:
I don't think I did anything wrong over there ...
And my many friends here, I believe, agree.
Like I said, I think I saw all of it and nothing I saw could reasonably be construed as ban-worthy ...

Hello All, I am new here and wanted to say hi to everyone , been smoking a pipe for a bit over a year now. I mainly smoke MM Cobs but do have a few Briars that I smoke occasionally so thought I would check out the brotherhood. Looking forward to meeting a few more pipe smokers. ?

HELLO KENT!

Welcome, my friend, and good to see you here :D 

05venturer":7etwhy3b said:
Looking forward to meeting a few more pipe smokers.
well, you came to the right spot ... there are more than a few here and it's a damn nice bunch too.

Hey Kent, good to see you.
Same here Longbottom, I wonder how long approval takes?
~Ron

Watching the Saints,cruising the site, getting familiar.or trying to, hello again

longbottom":pxuhunp6 said:

I got banned for starting a post that they closed Roth's goodbye post! Instant banning!  I feel like I am Amish with the shunning!  That was all I did.  and mentioned kevin's 1930's Black and white shoes as mentioned by a member previously.

I might be wrong, but there might be a thirty day thingy.  
Can't wait to start trouble, huh?  :lol!:

Hermit":v0svbuxn said:
longbottom":v0svbuxn said:

I might be wrong, but there might be a thirty day thingy.  
Can't wait to start trouble, huh?  :lol!:
I think Jason normally does that. But I just went in and did it for a bunch of fellows. So anyone that was waiting should be able to get in now. :sunny: 

Welcome PM guys, I told you the "asylum" would be of interest to you, enjoy!

Thank you Carlos, can't wait to go check it out! Also hey Al.
~Ron

longbottom":azfb6zly said:
As had I ... but then, this evening, I got an email in which I was told I'd been approved ... first thread I opened there pushed my fur in the wrong direction and I exited the forum without posting rather than engage in an argument that would have accomplished nothing.

I'll re-visit another time and hope to engage in another topic where an actual discussion and/or debate might be possible.

I'd like to put my moderator hat on for a moment and say that we do respect the other forums and are glad that they are all here, and we do not wish to see this forum become a vehicle for disillusioned members of other forums to come and continue grievances that were stopped on another forum. In other words, we all now know what happened, let it die.

Anyone who wishes to join in and fit in here is most welcome. Like every other forum, we have our own tendencies and flavor. There are/have been pipe forums where the focus is collector grade and rare stuff, forums where the focus is Kaywoodies and cobs, forums with more of a mainstream advertiser driven format, forums dedicated to Peterson pipes. We are not quite like any of them, and they not like us. That's kind of the point, there are enough forums to find one or two where you really fit in.

We have been here a long time and the mindset and tendencies of this place were hard earned. We would hope that you find it to your liking as it is and do not see it as a place where you feel you could/should step in and try to change the tone or subject matter. It's really easy to start your own forum if you feel the need to create something.

And with that, I'll close this thread and look forward to getting back to the subject of pipes and tobaccos.

(Yes, we close threads, delete offensive posts, stop derailed discussions and do all the moderating things the other forums do too, when we see fit)

Status
Not open for further replies.