New mutt in the kennel

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister Moo

Reaction score
Good Day, All. Mister Moo here - hide your children. I'm a semi-veteran piper, 57, from the Raleigh, NC, vicinity and am always looking to expand my knowledge of the craft. Got grown kids, a stellar wife, two idiot cats and one smart one and I love big fast motorcycles, long trips, pipes, stogies and sailboats. And food. And coffee. Especially coffee. (I roast coffee for a hobby. So should you.) You can smoke a pipe or a cigar AND roast coffee at the same time, so why not?

Hope to meet some nice folks here. Thanks for letting me drop in.

Come by. Have a cup.

Welcome to BoB Moo! Glad you're here. Pull up a chair, fire up a bowl, and make yourself at home.

Welcome aboard Moo! Another North Carolinian!!! We are taking over! I live near the capital city also.

Welcome to the forum,have fun!North Carolina is going to take over here
one of these days. :shock:

Winslow :sunny:

Ol'Dawg":ipqd7cqc said:
Hello and welcome! It's been a while since I've heard that first crack in roasting.

Jim
Is it time to return to the fold? What was your methodology back then, Jim? Are you still staying caffeinated?

Thanks all for the kind welcome. Nice to see all the brother Carolinians here. (Go 'Canes.)

Hi and welcome Mister Moo!

Funny you should mention coffee. I haven't had a drop of the delicious drink since I came down with a cold over two weeks ago. My husband says with my somewhat nervous temperament, I don't need the caffeine. I haven't craved any, not even decaf. Strange, as I love black coffee.

Regards, Lisa Marie

Lees":wzczatiw said:
... I haven't had a drop of the delicious drink since I came down with a cold over two weeks ago... ... I haven't craved any, not even decaf. Strange, as I love black coffee.

Regards, Lisa Marie
I am the same way about a coffee, pipes and cigars. If I have a hint of a cold I totally lose interest in them all. No smell, no glory?

Oh well, if you ever go back to coffee we need to talk about home roasting. Once you have fresh roasted you won't go back. Where's the coffee forum around here, btw? :)

Mister Moo":8fpiaabd said:
I am the same way about a coffee, pipes and cigars. If I have a hint of a cold I totally lose interest in them all. No smell, no glory?

Oh well, if you ever go back to coffee we need to talk about home roasting. Once you have fresh roasted you won't go back. Where's the coffee forum around here, btw? :)
I'm sure I'll go back eventually. All it takes is to bake a pan of cinnamon rolls or pie, which we occasionally have for breakfast.

Yep, Captain Pete from another forum was giving us hints on coffee roasting and places to get supplies (something Marias, I think?). He suggested a cheap roaster would be a 70's model popcorn popper with the high wattage, but to do it outside using a cardboard box to do it in-I think that is what he said. He said lots of smell is emitted during the roasting. That is about all I could afford at the moment. Lately, Kroger has been selling a local line of coffee, Rozark Hills out of Rose Bud. Their Roastmasters blend is pretty tasty, especially for a ready-ground coffee.

Maybe there is a food section here we can start to discuss the pleasures of the bean, and maybe even the tea leaf.

You're making me want a cuppa. :lol:

Lisa Marie

Lees":82y1wm1k said:
Mister Moo":82y1wm1k said:

I'm sure I'll go back eventually. All it takes is to bake a pan of cinnamon rolls or pie, which we occasionally have for breakfast.

Yep, Captain Pete from another forum was giving us hints on coffee roasting and places to get supplies (something Marias, I think?). He suggested a cheap roaster would be a 70's model popcorn popper with the high wattage, but to do it outside using a cardboard box to do it in-I think that is what he said. He said lots of smell is emitted during the roasting. That is about all I could afford at the moment. Lately, Kroger has been selling a local line of coffee, Rozark Hills out of Rose Bud. Their Roastmasters blend is pretty tasty, especially for a ready-ground coffee.

Maybe there is a food section here we can start to discuss the pleasures of the bean, and maybe even the tea leaf.

You're making me want a cuppa. :lol:

Lisa Marie
It's free to look. www.sweetmarias.com See also: www.homeroaster.com.

My latest roaster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uNXxunsGKo;

Killer moka: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ISSFtxI6U Yum. Moka.