New old tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MC

Reaction score
I have after almost a year of pipe smoking settled in to some sort of a rotation. I have eight mason jars with tobacco. Some has been in the jars longer than others as I find I smoke some more often as others. I have three to four open tins that I smoke often enough I see no need to transfer to a mason jar. That said just smoked a bowl of Davidoff Royalty that I opened Dec 10, 12 and put in a mason because I was not very impressed. After four months or so in a mason jar this has developed into a really nice smoke.
Buy more mason jars.....Never throw away tobacco

This often happens, where some months after jarring a blend that didn't excite, suddenly seems to have morphed into a fine blend. Or perhaps it's the Alzheimers that prevents me from remembering that I didn't like it in the first place? :lol:

Natch

Good point. It's probably just laziness that keeps me from transferring opened tins to mason jars. I KNOW what you're saying, and should heed this advice, it's just not that stylish to walking about with bulky glass in the pocket. :silent: Now that I'm stocked up on tins with many years of age on them, it is advisable to keep them as fresh as possible. Glass jars do this fine if I get off my arse and buy some.