New Penzance tins!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesands77

Reaction score
Went over to the local B&M and this is what they had. Looks like the Stonehaven tins was an indication of what was to come.

a84782cf-f5bc-40b5-a8f8-e857d9655040_zpsnqkwngfi.jpg
[/url][/img]

I know Arango bought the rights some years back, but I think this is the first time I've seen it on a tin.

puros_bran":skr11jey said:
I know Arango bought the rights some years back, but I think this is the first time I've seen it on a tin.
It's been on the back label for years. :shock:

Yeah, I have noticed Arango has been getting put on the front cover. There were some Stonehaven tins that were spoken for that had the same label instead of the fully square sticker that has been put on them previously. It seems that its just a new design... I dunno. It will be interesting to see if the SLF will be in a different tin as well, since it shared the same tin as the now old penzance tin style.

Lord Guyrox":p40d3dek said:
Looks like the labels were put on by hand?
I am sure they are. Germain is still a very small, old school operation.

Nice to see Stonehaven available in smaller increments.

I was talking with the B&M owner today. I asked him why the new Stonehaven tins. He mentioned that Germain released about 20 tins of the Stonehaven to the US market prior to the 8-8-16 date. His thought was that it was a strategic move to still sell Stonehaven due to possible complications with the distribution of the 8oz bags in the future.