New purchases

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple Man":8ram5d3r said:
Dang, Kaiser! When tshtf, I want you on my side! :lol:
And plumb. And kyle. And anyone else who is well armed. I'll bring my Ruger Mark 3 pistol. :lol:

Yep their nothing but a club if you aint got ammo. KEEP YOUR AMMO DRY. Hey Gravel all is welcome, come on.
Kaiser thats not the same one in your other picture. Its got a differant grip. Is that still a rock river. Im told they are suppose to be pretty good ones. Every thing I have was a good deal or passed on or trades, and even bought a long time ago when they were cheap. :roll:

plumbernater":2nihldel said:
Yep their nothing but a club if you aint got ammo. KEEP YOUR AMMO DRY. Hey Gravel all is welcome, come on.
Kaiser thats not the same one in your other picture. Its got a differant grip. Is that still a rock river. Im told they are suppose to be pretty good ones. Every thing I have was a good deal or passed on or trades, and even bought a long time ago when they were cheap. :roll:
The Rock River is a .308, the LAR-8.
The latest is a 5.56 from www.core15.com and is an M4.
2 completely different rifles that both are now mine :twisted:

I like how this thread has turned into an anything-and-all gun topic thread...and you guys are more level-headed than the "bubbas" that do nothing but talk sh*t about anything that isn't in their own collection. :lol: Just thought I'd mention that... long live the Brothers of Boomsticks. :lol:

Meanwhile...

Cuervo, I see what you're driving at in Mauserville. Cool. I like where you're going with your dream of the "perfect hunting Mauser." You'll have no problems going into Alaska with whatever you end up with...and, as if it needs mentioning, be sure to post pictures. :D

Kaiser, you're a madman. I like it. You're a one man army at this point. :twisted: :cheers:

Plumber, I think it's the MKIII that is the .308 Enfield, but it's been a while. I wanted one of those only because .303 can be hard to come by, but I think the rifles are clunky and beautiful.

8)

I just horse traded for a Sig 226 in 9mm, tritium sights, beaver tail, jet funnel grip. Can't wait to shoot it. Gun was practically new. He also gave me three nice holsters and extra mags. Traded off some guns I lost interest in.

Mikem":qdhopij3 said:
I just horse traded for a Sig 226 in 9mm, tritium sights, beaver tail, jet funnel grip. Can't wait to shoot it. Gun was practically new. He also gave me three nice holsters and extra mags. Traded off some guns I lost interest in.
It's a nice thing about firearms, they're always good for cash, gold or trade... :lol:

I love Sigs, Mike. Sounds like a good deal--I've wanted to add a Sig 9mm to my handgun lineup for a while. All Sigs fit my hand well.

Range report to follow? :cheers: (I can always live vicariously...)

8)

Mikem":5bwzqohx said:
I'm a big Ruger fan but their LC-9's line kind of scared me off. Right after they came out it seemed the local Cabeles used gun room was flooded with them. I had to wonder "if" people who purchased them were un-happy for some reason. A couple of the local gun shops told me they thought it had to do with the issue of recoil. They heard the same concerning the new smaller Taurus. That lighter/smaller frame and the sharpness of recoil on a 9mm tends to scare some people away. I guess people were getting the LC-9's for their wifes who once shooting them did not like the recoil. I own quite a few of their revolvers and one of my concealed carry guns is a SRC-9 which is a great shooter and very accurate. I am looking into getting one of their LCR's in 38 special.
My buddy bought a LCP for his wife. We and she shot it this Fall and she said "never again". It wasn't much fun to shoot, I'll stick to my SP101. It sure does disappear in the palm of your hand or pocket. If I had to carry, the LCP would be the gun for that need.

Thats the thing about the little guns. Most arent fun to shoot. Not enough grip. But being familier with it and able to shot affective with it is all thats needed for self defence. There are so many that can be fun to shoot for blowing up fruit and mellons.

Congrats on all the new acquisitions K!!

I am a Glock man. Don't through stuff at me.

I have a Glock 22 and 27. I would like to get a 23 eventually.

As far as small guns, the 27. It took a minute to get used to the small grip, but I don't even notice it anymore.

I also have a Rock River with Eotech sights (work issue). Fantastic weapon. Incredibly accurate.

I purchased a Marlin 336C last week without realizing the circumstances of the "Remlin" debacle (Marlin was purchased by Remington, production was moved and quality plummeted). I looked at in the shop and just figured that the sub-par fit of the stock was just typical for a "workhorse" type rifle, but when I got home, I realized the barrel was not properly clocked and the inside of the chamber had some tooling marks and burs. Amazingly, the action is smooth and it shoots straight even with the off-center sights/barrel, which is all I could really ask for I suppose.

TL;DR: Buy an older Marlin if you want a good Marlin.

Erica arborea":81opwluu said:
Buy an older Marlin if you want a good Marlin.
Good advice. I recently bought a Marlin 1895 SBL produced just before the takeover. I was lucky as it was from the last batch through the factory and had no problems with feeding or finish. The ones I've looked at on the dealers shelves since then are substandard and crude.

Hey erica sounds like you did get a remlin. You know if you get ahold of remington's customer service they will take it and fix any problems you might have with your new marlin. I hear they are pretty good about making them right. DONT EVER SETTLE for a botched job on a excellent rifle platform. They can make them right if they want to.

Congrats on all of your purchases as of late. Very good choices. I have an LCP which is a great little gun for summer to throw in your shorts pocket and no one is the wiser. I carry a HK USP Compact .40 when it's not shorts weather and easier to conceal.

Having a gun dealer who will store my purchases for me is a very bad thing. She sent me an email today that she had just gotten in 2 Hi-Point's a 9mm and a .40 so I had to call her up. So far this year I've grabbed up

1) Remington 870 Express Magnum (Realtree) 12 gauge with a smooth barrel and a rifled barrel
2) Remington 870 Express 12 gauge
3) H&R Topper Deluxe Model 198 .410 gauge which will be my lil girls first gun
4) Taurus Model 85 .38Special
5) Taurus Judge .45/.410
6) Rossi Rio Grande .45-70
7) Armalite AR-7 .22L
8) Hi-Point .40
9) hi-Point 9mm

The ATF is going to hate me lol