New to B.O.B. - Hello from Wisconsin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdzine

Reaction score
I'm Sam.  I've been flitting about the Pipe boards for about 5 years now, but haven't registered at BOB.  Here I am.

I like pipes.  Among my acquaintances (offline) when I show up to a party it is customary for someone to ask me where my pipe is if it is not in my mouth.  To which, I usually expose the stem from an inside pocket with a wink.

I like what you guys have going on here and I will pop in from time to time - but I'm not a power-poster.  Think of me more as a wallflower at a party with a pipe in his mouth and a glass of bourbon.  

My favorite tobacconist:  Uhles - hometown pride
My favorite tobacco:  Still searching - but on a VaPer kick right now
My favorite pipe shape: Squat Bulldog/Rhodesian
My favorite drink: Bourbon

I also homebrew and Fly R/C airplanes.

Welcome along Sam. The board's always open so tip us a wink when you fancy.

Welcome! Glad you are here. Enjoy all the knowledge that is imparted here.

Hi from southwestern Wisconsin. I'm a few years removed from being active in the MKE pipe scene but I miss it.  :shock: 

Sam

30+ yr ex-pat Cheesehead here. Grew up in Brookfield. Know the area well. Have several friends/relatives in 'tosa.

My late Pap smoked Uhles 255 exclusively. It's what I cut my pipe teeth on, since I figured if it was good enough for Pap it was good enough for me. Still enjoy it occasionally, along with several other Uhle's blends.

I loved the area and the longtime friends, but hated the climate. Got the hell out in '90. Not sure if I made the best choice, but I'm still here in the Evergreen state 24 years later!

Always good to have another home boy on board.

Cheers,

RR

Welcome to BoB, Sam! Lurk or jump in as you prefer, but have fun here

"T"

Brewdude":ttdxchw3 said:
Sam

30+ yr ex-pat Cheesehead here. Grew up in Brookfield. Know the area well. Have several friends/relatives in 'tosa.

My late Pap smoked Uhles 255 exclusively. It's what I cut my pipe teeth on, since I figured if it was good enough for Pap it was good enough for me. Still enjoy it occasionally, along with several other Uhle's blends.

RR
I am actually headed to Uhles now. Its my Birthday today so the wife is relenting and letting me tickle the PAD.  Ill post the haul in the PAD forum later.