New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have the bombers ever had a permanent sticky thread with info? It would be cool to have one that had like a "bombers oath". And it could also have definitions for typically bomber terms. AND you could put a list of badges and a definition of what each one is! I see many of you have multiple and I have often been curious about what they meant or were for. Just a suggestion :)

First you click on "Profile" at the top when you are in one of the forums.

Then choose "Signature" at the top after Information.

That will open up a box for you to post your sig. And you can then post copy, an image, or whatever.

For the bombing icons I believe you c&p them under the usual image protocol.

Someone more well versed in the bombing badges can explain this. I believe BH once spelled this out.

HTH

Cheers,

RR

kaitlyn3837":qd5rfyps said:
Have the bombers ever had a permanent sticky thread with info? It would be cool to have one that had like a "bombers oath". And it could also have definitions for typically bomber terms. AND you could put a list of badges and a definition of what each one is! I see many of you have multiple and I have often been curious about what they meant or were for. Just a suggestion :)
These are all good ideas. I'd like to see something like that happen as well. I'll consult with co-command and see what we can do.

Yes K, splendid idea!

Being across the pond kind of excludes me from the jolly japes of the bombers, but I do enjoy watching how things progress. I've been a regular for a couple of years now and still wonder at the badges.

Gets my vote!

Stick":5ksyoqqo said:
Being across the pond kind of excludes me from the jolly japes of the bombers....
You keep telling yourself that! I'm sure Timbo thought he was safe in Australia, and we have hit the UK before. If we can see you, we can bomb you!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTQYEkIvN2M" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Ocelot55":nfk9un8j said:
These are all good ideas. I'd like to see something like that happen as well. I'll consult with co-command and see what we can do.
Sweet! Can't wait to see how it plays out :)

I need someone to explain in small words what all the bomb/plane/whatever icons mean. This is probably in a FAQ somewhere, and I know Kaitlyn asked for pretty much the same thing, but I am too wordy to just post

+1

Fr_Tom":6zhe33wq said:
I need someone to explain in small words what all the bomb/plane/whatever icons mean. This is probably in a FAQ somewhere, and I know Kaitlyn asked for pretty much the same thing, but I am too wordy to just post

+1
On mine below, top row, the outlined bomb is 20 missions, the red 5 missions, black one
Bottom row, a 'stealth' mission several years ago, the Aussie mission, and the 'purple heart,' one for each time you've been bombed

This is too cool, thanks for the info. I had just figured somebody in command would decorate bombers, in a manner of speaking.

DrT999":9647ns4o said:
On mine below, top row, the outlined bomb is 20 missions, the red 5 missions, black one
Bottom row, a 'stealth' mission several years ago, the Aussie mission, and the 'purple heart,' one for each time you've been bombed
Don't short-change yourself, Dr. T. The outlined "T" bomb is for 25 missions. ;)

DrumsAndBeer":2i1ct24u said:
DrT999":2i1ct24u said:
Don't short-change yourself, Dr. T. The outlined "T" bomb is for 25 missions. ;)
I stand corrected -- must be combat fatigue from all that flying!

DrumsAndBeer":wywd7jvx said:
Oh, I thought it was twenty as well. Off to change my sig.

So...when I thought I had gotten away unscathed from the madness of the last mission, I was annihilated earlier this week! I was finally able to dig out of the rubble from the devastation with immense gratitude for one of our great brothers:

2016-01bombed.jpg

Wow, what a hit! Is that a pipe cleaner sleeve on the McClelland tins? Enjoy it, Brother.

juanmedusa":quglvpf5 said:
Wow, what a hit! Is that a pipe cleaner sleeve on the McClelland tins? Enjoy it, Brother.
Yessir, it is, good eye!