Newbie attempt

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much! That means a great deal to me. I actually am starting to sell them at the request of my wife and several friends....

I dig the idea of the chain and charms. Reminds me of old German hunting pipes and other antique pipe decor. Really cool. 8)

THe chains and the charm are the product of my daughter, she is the artsy one and takes all the photos she likes using themed props

Well, as someone who hopes to begin carving decent pipes,,, I can definitely say I'd be happy to produce something like you have! Very nice work! I have one question which I've always wondered and never asked anyone - now is as good as time as ever. When you have that rough "nubby" looking texture, is that natural and just wasn't carved? Or is that something people do to the wood somehow? Looks like the natural outside of a root to me. Just curious. Thanks,,, and NICE WORK!!!

Oh,,, and if you're overseas on my behalf,,, I don't need to know what you're doing, if it's legit or not. The bottom line is, over time, my freedom didn't come on it's own. So whatever you're doing over there,,, thank you...

Josh

Josh, That texture there is called rustication. As I am quickly learning, each maker has a different technique/look/reason. Some do it to cover flaws, some for artistic reasons. Some make special tools to rough up the surface, some use drills, I use a Dremel cutting bit

Thanks for the kind words on all accounts, I appreciate the support.
Ken