Newminster Superior Round Slices

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stems smoke up fine, no worries. The bits are pretty small...
I should revisit this stuff, it's been a while....

I had some of it this evening. I've been buying it 8 ounces at at time. I find it's quite good...with a bit of spice that I like. As I recall the price is right, too.

I've tried Newminster #403 Superior Round Slices and this coin is okay, but I enjoy PS Luxury Bullseye creaminess and with age, it's an outstanding smoke. Newminster #400 SNF needs at least one year of aging to bring out the different flavors of this fine flake with no bite. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I started this thread over 4 years ago...since that time, this has become one of my favorite blends. I bought a lot of it early on, as it used to be significantly less expensive than it's PS counterparts - nowadays, the prices are often fairly comparable.

If anyone is still on the fence, I'd say that it's pretty good fresh, quite good with 6 months of age behind it, and a very fine smoking experience if you can sit on it for 2 years or longer.

There are three post-'07 blends I need to keep on hand - two are Newminster: the Superior Round Slices and the Superior Navy Flake.

idbowman":9z63iy24 said:
I started this thread over 4 years ago...since that time, this has become one of my favorite blends.  I bought a lot of it early on, as it used to be significantly less expensive than it's PS counterparts - nowadays, the prices are often fairly comparable.  

If anyone is still on the fence, I'd say that it's pretty good fresh, quite good with 6 months of age behind it, and a very fine smoking experience if you can sit on it for 2 years or longer.

There are three post-'07 blends I need to keep on hand - two are Newminster: the Superior Round Slices and the Superior Navy Flake.  
I think I got some of this somewhere with a year on it.. Currently dipping into some that's six months old, and it really calmed down. Nummy stuff......

I blew through the 4 oz I bought pretty quickly and was really loving it so I bought 3 pounds. I should buy 10 more, or would if I could.

Fr_Tom":05trfq9k said:
The 20% off sale at P&C makes it even more appealing...
Is there a code to get that? I looked and the Newminster bulks are the same price I saw there a couple weeks ago.

Puff Daddy":puec11d5 said:
Fr_Tom":puec11d5 said:
The 20% off sale at P&C makes it even more appealing...
Is there a code to get that? I looked and the Newminster bulks are the same price I saw there a couple weeks ago.
20% off P&C with IPSD17 entered in the 'code' box... :cheers:

I also highly recommend Newminster #400 Superior Navy Flake with at least 3 years of aging. By far a better smoke than Orlik Golden Slices, just my honest opinion.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

WARNING!

This is not a VaPer like Luxury Bullseye Flake. Its a VaBur (Virginia/Burly). They are apples to oranges in comparison. To say you like one over the other is like saying you like bicycles over waffles. :D

For sure they are two totally different blends and I would hope the OP already realizes it. Both are really enjoyable with proper aging.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!