Nick Fox is back!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Fox

Reaction score
I can’t apologize enough for my absence over the last 4 1/2 years. I’m sorry I fell off the map... the last time I was here I was going through an ugly divorce and custody battle... over the last 4 years, I’ve been through a ton (career changes, 5 house moves, family deaths, births, car repos, tickets, the list goes on...) and about to change careers again in a few weeks, (leaving mid January for Basic Training in the Army) and the divorce/custody battle continues on! I was packing things up and came across my pipes, and I got to thinking about BoB, and how kind you all were... I missed you all and just decided to see if I still had a profile, and I’m glad it still here... that being said, it’s good to be back!

Welcome back! Off to basic training, at 34 (that's what it says on you avatar at least)? The drills will probably be picking on you lol. Good luck and i hope you enjoy the service as much as i do. Where you heading for basic and what MOS you heading into?

Basic Training and MOS Training are in Fort Lennardwood MS, job title is 12N. I’m nervous, anxious, paranoid and excited all in one. I didn’t think I’d be enlisting at 34, but it’s where I’m at and I’m glad it’s still possible. I’m looking forward to the job... cranes, bulldozers, excavatiors, graders, 18 wheelers. I lucked out in that for the last year and some , I got out of optics and into construction. Heavy Equipment Operator is kinda on the bucket list though, I’ve wanted to drive this stuff since I was a little kid. I just hope my son understands when he’s older that this was necessary and wasn’t done lightly.

Good to see you again brother. Sounds like life has been slapping you around for a while but good to know you're taking it all in as much stride as you can. Now that you re-discovered your pipes I hope you'll start smoking them again and hanging around here a little more.

Cheers,

RR

I've been an heavy equipment operator my whole life working as a member of IUOE Local 139 since I was 20 mostly involved in moving dirt. Labor is under attack and so far we've held our ground but without many gains. I hope everything works out for you. :shock:

The Army will provide you with stability, and it's sounds like you could use some of that. I joined at 33, best move I ever made, second to marrying my wife. Basic is easy man, just accept all circumstances and go with it. Keep your locker secure and don't flag anyone, ever.