No more pipes and tobacco for awhile.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We own a neon.

The wife bought it before we were married.

We've had it now for going on 10 years.

The thing runs like a champ. Great, American-made car.

I've had the alternator replaced once, but I'm not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV, nor have I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn, and thus - I am sorry to say I cannot troubleshoot your problem with my mad interwebz skillz. But I will pray for you :)

Well well well... the engine is shot. Three pistons are down and one wasn't getting juice at all.

$1,418.43 was the estimate to get her fixed. Car's not even worth that probably.

We'll see what happens next. :)

Some of my lodge brothers are looking at used cars for me and asking around if any brother has one they'd like to sell... and sell for cheep. So that is good news.

I'll keep everyone updated in the mean time.

cheers,

Aaron.

Aaron":48nhbpw6 said:
Well well well... the engine is shot. Three pistons are down and one wasn't getting juice at all.

$1,418.43 was the estimate to get her fixed. Car's not even worth that probably.

We'll see what happens next. :)

Some of my lodge brothers are looking at used cars for me and asking around if any brother has one they'd like to sell... and sell for cheep. So that is good news.

I'll keep everyone updated in the mean time.

cheers,

Aaron.
OUCH! Best of luck, hopefully one or more of your brothers will come through for you. That's a hard knock, keep your chin up man, better days are coming.

Best wishes on the new ride, Aaron. Hopefully you'll find a bargain that will give you some extended years!

That's a bummer Aaron.

I totally understand how that goes. When I got divorced I walked away from the marriage with a '86 Chevy Sprint and what it could hold, nothing else. I didn't make much money at the time, had child support to pay and was rooming with two girls that felt sorry for me which was still more than I could afford.

One night after working a night shift I was driving home and my engine blew (if you call a 3 cylinder Suzuki an engine to begin with). It was a long, dark and desolate road so it was a long walk to a pay phone so I could call a tow truck to take me and my car home (again another expense I couldn't really afford). On my way to the phone some drunk kids drove passed me and threw two half finished beer cans at me, one covering me with beer. Not another half mile down the road I was attacked by a dog that really tore into my right calf before I was able to scare it off. Finally I found a pay phone and was able to call a tow truck, who informed me that I had to walk back to my car and meet him there. So I gimped back to my car which other than being painful was thankfully uneventful. Then after all that I had to figure out what I was going to do about transportation.

So if you're feeling down, it could always be worse. :lol:

jhuggett":0ksrryg8 said:
That's a bummer Aaron.

I totally understand how that goes. When I got divorced I walked away from the marriage with a '86 Chevy Sprint and what it could hold, nothing else. I didn't make much money at the time, had child support to pay and was rooming with two girls that felt sorry for me which was still more than I could afford.

One night after working a night shift I was driving home and my engine blew (if you call a 3 cylinder Suzuki an engine to begin with). It was a long, dark and desolate road so it was a long walk to a pay phone so I could call a tow truck to take me and my car home (again another expense I couldn't really afford). On my way to the phone some drunk kids drove passed me and threw two half finished beer cans at me, one covering me with beer. Not another half mile down the road I was attacked by a dog that really tore into my right calf before I was able to scare it off. Finally I found a pay phone and was able to call a tow truck, who informed me that I had to walk back to my car and meet him there. So I gimped back to my car which other than being painful was thankfully uneventful. Then after all that I had to figure out what I was going to do about transportation.

So if you're feeling down, it could always be worse. :lol:
3 cylinder? Was it a glorified lawn mower motor you stuck under that hood or something?

Oh, and did the dog get you again on the way back?

Bummer of a situation Aaron--hope you find a good new ride soon and at the right price!

No dog on the way back but I was scared as hell he was going to jump out at any second. Owners must have took him in or something. Tell you the truth I couldn't do anything but laugh when I got home. As to the three cylinders, it was a crack up of a car. :lol:

Thats a bum deal bud, if yall were a little closer to Colorado I have a car I would just about give ya.

Does this sound familiar Jason?

Chevrolet Sprint

The Chevrolet Sprint was sold in the United States and Canada, with GM continuing to market the Chevette until 1987 alongside the Sprint. In the 1988 model year, the naturally-aspirated hatchback was named the Chevrolet Sprint Metro.

The "Sprint" and "Sprint Metro" differed in their engines, though both were computer controlled carb systems. From 1985 to 1988, the carbureted 1.0 L 3-cylinder engine used a hemispherical head design. Later, fuel injection required the cylinder head for 1989 be redesigned to add the additional cooling required, reducing gas mileage.

Source (about 1/2 way down the page)

That's the one! Had a cracked exhaust even so it sounded like a real beast. :lol:

Aaron, so you're back home with your family but without a ride?

Sorry about all the problems, which are like bananas-they come in bunches:)!

I know how you feel Aaron. My '79 Chev P.U. died on the interstate last week. At least I was close to home.
Hope you find a new ride soon.

LIKE THE OLD SAYING GOES... IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS OUT OF IT!