Northern Snake Heads

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chukster

Reaction score
Yep the franken fish has shown up in lower Chester Co. , probably migrated up from the Potomic river basin and my son and i are gonna try them out on fly rods, i'll let you know how it went if anyones interested. Should be a blast, it's like catching godzilla with fins.
So far the biggest caught was 8 lbs and 30 inches long.

Not familiar with this species so have just Googled. Stone the crows.... that is one pig ugly fish. But then I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Fish have tongues? Looks about as handsome as any other aquatic denizen. Creatures from hell. I make exception for trout and salmon.

Just an update, the rain hasen't been our friend and it's kept the creeks high.off color and un- wadeable.
Maybe after hurricane bitch comes through we'll have a go.
Sorry for the temper but this weather has got my bullocks in a bunch.

chukster":9o9i9zou said:
Just an update, the rain hasen't been our friend and it's kept the creeks high.off color and un- wadeable.
Maybe after hurricane bitch comes through we'll have a go.
Sorry for the temper but this weather has got my bullocks in a bunch.
Be thankful you’re not in the Carolinas. Ouch.

We recently had an interesting guy from our Arkansas Fish & Game (like the DNR for most states) give a talk on how to clean and cook snake heads. Basically, he said we're not going to stop their spread, so if you can't beat um, eat um.

Natch