Nosewarmers....or not?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As pipes get smaller, it's harder to keep some sense of proportion in them. To my eye, anything that's much below 5" looks like a pipe that's had a makeshift repair. But a fly fishing chum has a briar that isn't much more that a bowl and a bit. Says it keeps the noseeums away. Seems to keep the trout away, too :cheers: (He get really POed when I mentioned that.)

Guys: I can't stop myself from buying GBD 9438's.....so I need to clear some rack room and raise some cash. I just listed my Radice on Ebay as a BIN ($95 plus shipping), but I'll offer it here for $90 shipped to the CONUS. PM me if interested.

That is a beautiful pipe (the last one), Dutch. Gorgeous grain!

Part of the appeal of the nose warmer is the tendancy of the smoke to rise directly into the nose. It supposedly gives a fuller experience of the tobacco. You can also get the same effect with the full bent pipes. I only have one that would qualify as a nose warmer. It's a Roland Amberloid from the late 1800's or very early 1900's. it's only 4 inches total.
C360_2012-03-17-09-18-31.jpg

Jim

I have a few - mostly old Stonehavens and Wally Franks and one Pete Sport, and they're great lil' pipes. Super lightweight and my tool of choice when I'm out & about. I don't personally care for the new fashioned over-sized pipes so I don't own any.

I have two that would qualify, a Lorenzo and a Tinsky. I like 'em and would like to add more to my collection.