Not Allowed To Share Or Settings Glitch ???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velveteagle

Reaction score
I joined this wonderful Brotherhood some time ago.. I have found so many nice people who have helped me find the things I look for ie tobacco and care of pipes.. Here is the problem.. No matter how I try to add topics to follow when posting I find that no email notice comes to my email address except What are you smoking.. Kind of frustrating to go into settings and set them proper only to be locked out of all of them. If a moderator has a problem with me for some reason which I have no idea about please just tell me to stay away.. I have no blocking software or deleting cookies is not set on my browser.. I use Firefox and no other sites do I have this problem with.. Only asking for some direction here.. Wishing the good brothers here a happy new year..
P.S. I find any other topics I try to go into I have to log in each time.. It is like I have a crazy gnome knocking me out of here.. I can imagine anyone who wants to share here would find this very upsetting.. Peace

I don't even know what you're talking about, so I'm no help, but I noticed that beginning today I have to log in every time I come to this site. That was not the case before, when the log-in was automatic, apparently. Probably just a glitcherooni, in technical terms. Shocking, in this day and age. Not. And don't expect any help at this hour. Everyone's drunk. ...Hic!

velveteagle":39kyt2op said:
If a moderator has a problem with me for some reason which I have no idea about please just tell me to stay away... Peace
Whatever the problem is, I'm sure yer not bein' picked on.

Actually the only reliable notification I've gotten is from "What are you smoking" as well. No worries VE. I think the notification requests get turned off by some glitch. Don't know for sure why.

As a former Internet level 1A tech (routers, servers, switches, Cable Modems, ADSL, etc.) I think we are experiencing the law of Murphy. Something either needs to be restarted (phBB) and this is the New Years holidays.

I would doubt that the major admin in charge of doing this job would be notified.

It will fix itself.

Have a good smoke and enter the meditative state.

Happy New Year!

Tom

I can say from the mod side, it's a technical glitch--definitely nothing intentional or personal. How to fix it... that stumps me. Maybe Jason will know.

velveteagle":s0awhqdy said:
If a moderator has a problem with me for some reason which I have no idea about please just tell me to stay away
:| :scratch:

Richard Burley":gaim193u said:
I noticed that beginning today I have to log in every time I come to this site. That was not the case before, when the log-in was automatic, apparently.
Thank goodness... I have had the same problem of having to log in every time and all I could think of was "What did you mess up now, Jack?!" :lol:

I have fire fox as well and I have to log in every time since yesterday. As far as notifycation I have never got one . I just refresh my page from time to time so I can keep up with the topic. Im down right dumb when it comes to computers. I guess you could say I turn the key and drive thats all I know. But I can fix a car.

Doc Manhattan":9xqqh0n2 said:
I can say from the mod side, it's a technical glitch--definitely nothing intentional or personal. How to fix it... that stumps me. Maybe Jason will know.
Thanks Doc.. I did get a response from this post.. I did have to log in again and I have it checked to log in on auto.. For the past year I subscribed to different topics for notifications on new posts but what are you smoking and this topic plus the Uhle's topic area are the only ones I get a email notice from.. I shall try to keep up with new posts and topics but it will mean individual searching each time as if it were the first time visiting each topic.. Hope they get this fixed some day.. Active participation would be much better if notifications were kept in memory in the form of cookies or cooperative settings here.. Have a happy new year Brothers.. Thanks Brothers for your response here.. :cheers:

I'm with Velveteagle here...

I've been having to log in everytime I visit for about three weeks... If a mod wants me gone just saying so would be easier. :D

Seriously though.. it's getting everyone I think. and I wasn't joking about the three weeks.

Thank God it's not just me having to log in every time, I was beginning to think I had lost some of my seniority! :clown:

puros_bran":c5syalcr said:
I'm with Velveteagle here...

I've been having to log in everytime I visit for about three weeks... If a mod wants me gone just saying so would be easier. :D

Seriously though.. it's getting everyone I think. and I wasn't joking about the three weeks.
I am having the same thing happen to me.

I had to log-in every time I came here last night, but it's been fine since this morning. Last night I was visiting threads that I'd received notification that people had posted, and then I noticed that I wasn't allowed to post. At first I thought I'd said something wrong, but then it occured to me that I wasn't logged in. :x

Good day to ya ChurchWarden.. Hope your eve went well.. I have noticed that just a few moments ago I received email notice on a new post about some ebay pipes.. Now this is totally new stuff.. Hope it keeps up.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You know, Uhle's has a great smoking lounge where you can smoke samples of their pipe tobaccos all day if you like. I'll be doing that tomorrow, as I have many times before. I just buy an estate pipe or tobacco so I don't feel like I'm sponging off of them. ;) But at any rate, I have your list and I'll let you know the details ...

It seems to me that the auto-login only works for a number of weeks. Then I'll have to log in manually twice before the auto-login starts working again. I use Opera, and other than this, I have no issues. But than I don't want to get e-mail notifications.

Churchwarden":tumd5uxq said:
You know, Uhle's has a great smoking lounge where you can smoke samples of their pipe tobaccos all day if you like. I'll be doing that tomorrow, as I have many times before. I just buy an estate pipe or tobacco so I don't feel like I'm sponging off of them. ;) But at any rate, I have your list and I'll let you know the details ...
Your so lucky ChurchWarden.. I would have to travel over 50 miles to find a B&M to sit and smoke in.. My cousin and I did last year and it was a pleasure.. We later went to a nice pub and feasted and drank to the day.. Thanks again for the info.. :D

I'm guessing it's just a glitch as was stated but I'll look into it a little more when I have some more time. I refused to turn on a computer this weekend so I'm just now checking in. :lol: