Not grandpas nosewarmer;)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Well I've dozed on and off through the day still not out of the fingers of the Pink Cloud.

Currently reading the latest David Baldacci book, The Last Mile. I always try to get a good sense of where he is taking you and put myself in the head of the character, or characters, trying to solve the mystery. What I hate is with a shade over 3/4's of the way through the book Mr. Baldacci 's character has now come to the conclusion I have had for awhile which means most likely I'm wrong.

Often when you see a photo of a pipe that gives you the come hither and you reach with your wallet knowing you will enjoy looking at it, holding it and having the pleasure of smoking it and finding a tobacco that makes it sing.

Well the glorious crystal laden hunk of beautiful Cyprian Olivewood arrived replete with its custom wooden case and hand painted interior top cover by pipe maker Yiannos Kokkinos and while it looked large in the photo how large was truly lost to me until I saw it with my own eyes.

Many of you know I favor smaller bowled pipes, generally group 3 and smaller, but this breaks that rule. To look at it you get the feeling it would weigh in at lbs and not ozs. While I did not weigh it on my digital scale I will at some point but you need to know it feels featherlight and the stem is not only comfortable it fills the void of my minor overbite to a tee since I don't clench but prefer to allow the pipe to hang in the void.

All the different pipe materials have a liking to certain tobacco's and Olivewood is no exception. Having just revisited this tobacco from one of my cellar drawers recently I felt it would be the perfect tobacco to baptize this pipe with and that is Peretti No. 8 Slice (Flake).

The tobacco is a lovely mottled crumble with Virginia, Perique and Burley being the main characters topped with some cocoa. I can tell you right now the choir has me in its grasp along with the Pink Cloud I may be in danger of floating away in heavenly smokiness, most certainly keeping it smokey, cheers.
banjo

00925b54d857ce6b238da6b2cc3f9b7535f49e2.jpeg

Holy Shit - probably beats Preben's biggest one or close!  massive - is it heavy?

looks interesting for sure.  Nice.

Now that is one gnarly pipe! In a pinch you could use it to chalk your tires while changing another. Maybe get a nice round piece of glass and use it as an end table while it rests?