NUKEMAP anyone played with it?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiemike

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this mentioned on a doco I watched and checked it out. Pretty cool you can drop a nuke on your house and see the damage it would cause.
The preppers and survivalist probably already know about this site but I found it interesting.

Look to the right hand side heaps of wonderful options to play with :LOL:

Basic options: Height of burst: [?] Airburst Surface,
Other effects: Tick Casualties,and Radioactive fallout and watch the counters click over.
Check out the presets arrow for your preferred nuke.

NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein

Last edited:
I’ll have to check it out. 8mos a year I live 20 miles uphill from a missle factory and 25 from an AFB so hopefully I won’t suffer.

Ya gota laugh or you cry type of post from me.
I grew up in the cold war and remember the massive anxiety riding my self paid for(paper run and mowing) bmx supergoose crome molly tuff2, on the front and agk tuff on rear. Mum and Dad wouldn't let me get free wheel with front and rear handle brakes so I had to suffer with peddle brakes aghhhh. Riding back from school wondered if my house would be there when I got home. Stupid I know but at 10 or 12 years old and after seeing that movie around that time "the day after" was literally my night terrors back then.
I see we are around 100 seconds off midnight and i think afrer the cold war we were like 5 miniuts off back then.

Ya gota laugh or you cry type of post from me.
I grew up in the cold war and remember the massive anxiety riding my self paid for(paper run and mowing) bmx supergoose crome molly tuff2, on the front and agk tuff on rear. Mum and Dad wouldn't let me get free wheel with front and rear handle brakes so I had to suffer with peddle brakes aghhhh. Riding back from school wondered if my house would be there when I got home. Stupid I know but at 10 or 12 years old and after seeing that movie around that time "the day after" was literally my night terrors back then.
I see we are around 100 seconds off midnight and i think afrer the cold war we were like 5 miniuts off back then.

I also remember my anxiety after "The Day after" aired. I think I was also 10 or 11 years old. To this day, the film is clear in my mind, it made an indelible impression on me. My father was an emergency planning officer and wrote the initial preparedness protocols for Manitoba while working in the Manitoba Emergency Measures Organization, the provincial department responsible for relief and response coordination for catastrophes and emergencies - anything from train derailments and chemical spills to flooding and drought relief and also nuclear evacuation. At the time Winnipeg was a Soviet target because it has an International airport where interceptors and bomber aircraft could refuel for transpolar attack routes.

Too much gloom for today.

I have the State deepwater port up the road 10 miles away. Camp LeJune, home to MARSOC nearby, Fort Bragg, home to SOCCOM nearby, MCAS Cherry Point 5 miles away, and SJAFB, home to the worlds elite Tactical Fighter Wing nearby. I won't even know I'm dead unless the government gives us the 20 minute warning that there are incoming. I'm sure my geo region is at the top of the Rusky ICBM list.