October

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Too bad she's dead behind the eyes... The pretzel is probably a more well rounded human being. But she's so damn good looking :pig:

I'm a big fan of Fall too. Fresh apples, grapes ripe on the vine, crisp nights and clean air. Summer is just too hot to properly enjoy the experience of a warm briar in the hand.

This is a great time of year in Missouri. My family and I sit outside a lot of evenings, taking advantage of the Fire Pit I built. They roast marshmallows, make S'mores, etc. and I roast a couple of All-Beef Hotdogs (can't stand the cheap poultry mixed dogs). We also make Jiffy Pop popcorn on occasion - when the mood hits.

Of course I have to smoke a bowl in the Pipe while I'm out there. Here lately, Early Morning Pipe is one of my favorite smokes while sitting around the fire. Not sure why, it just feels right for some reason and seems to go well around the campfire scene.

s.ireland":wrimmuq4 said:
Wow. Too bad she's dead behind the eyes... The pretzel is probably a more well rounded human being. But she's so damn good looking :pig:
So true (sigh)
Here's a gal who actually has talent
:

hobie1dog":h9pr519c said:
decreasing mosquito population=good
cold weather =bad
Cold weather=decreasing mosquito population=good. :cheers:

October is by far the best month. Nothin' like sittin' on the porch enjoying a pipe while you see the colors of fall you only see once a year. Not too hot, and not too cold. Throw a jacket on, go sit by the lake, and puff away.

I got called away in late September, forgot my pipes and cigars, and my new laptop went on the fritz! Good thing I packed some paperbacks, or I might have had to go back to watching television. I missed you fellows.

I'm glad to be back in the Pacific Northwest to enjoy October. Okay, I enjoy every month up here. October is wonderful for all the reasons already mentioned. I love the mild weather, the crispness, the smoke on the air, the leaves...also, as they say in Japan, autumn is the season for sports, reading, and eating, three of my favorite activities. I guess it's also the season for smoking. Now that I'm reunited with my gear, I'm looking forward to my first October as a pipe smoker.