Ok here's what I did

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxerbuddy

Reaction score
Tonight, I took on of my favorite blends, McConnell"s Folded Flake, and smoked a whole bowl in my Nording freehand. Before I packed the bowl, I took some of the broken flake and slightly rubbed it out into a bakelite cereal bowl(what I usually do to dry tobacco out), until it was the right moisture level to smoke.

Turns out I grabbed a little too much and had some left over after I packed the bowl.
Had a sublime smoke, 2 relights, smooth and delicious to the bottom, left me wanting for more. I took the remaining tobacco from the cereal bowl and packed it in immediately after I had finished.

I smoked the second half a bowl while the pipe was still hot from the 1st one.....I got a nice surprise...the second bowl was deeper, darker and sweeter than the 1st, and slightly spicier...thoroughly enjoyable. I think I may do this on a regular basis if I have a craving after a bowl is finished.

Have any of you guys had a similar experience?

"and sweeter than the 1st". Did you remember to remove the last of the Lucky Charms marshmallow bits from the cereal bowl? :lol:

I've added more of a blend on top of a mostly spent bowl and generally, it didn't work well for me. I'll have to try again to see if my experience is different.

Natch

Oh yeah...I removed the dottle and ash at the bottom, but didn't clean the pipe. Just stuffed half a bowl in immediately after, while the pipe was still warm/hot. I was pleasantly surprised.

Edit: ha Natch your marshmallow comment went right over my head. It's a dedicated tobacco drying cereal bowl....very special, one of a kind. May be worth thousands.

bowl10.jpg
[/url][/img]

Sounds like how many of the "oldtimers" did back when I started smoking. We weren't as well educated as today's "connoisseurs" of the weed are today, we just smoked the stuff :p

I add a little to a DGT'd bowl now and then. I dump out all the ash before filling, and blow warm air through the pipe to moisturize the tobacco. This helps get rid of the "sourness" before lighting. Works pretty well. I've had some amazing smokes like this, and some so-so ones. With some blends it can taste a little "burnt" towards the bottom of the bowl. YMMV.

The way you described it, sounds like a tasty bowl (Bad Pun intended). It makes me want to have a smoke now. A nice flake would be tasty.