On L. J. Peretti Blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GeoffC":6gy5e8br said:
This is on my next acquisition list to try some of their blends.  Any recommended "WOW" blends?
if you like orientals , then tashkent may be a WOW blend.

Zeno Marx":jozz9jor said:
If you've been watching Briar Blues youtube channel, he's been talking very highly of LJ Peretti blends.  By description, I'm particularly interested because they seem like they could be a potential substitute for McClelland #2015, or at least in that realm.  Why the post?  Just frustrated with the taxes, or whatever other reason(s) make this stuff so expensive.  $80/LB?  The same situation with Park Lane tobaccos.  whew.
Basically with these two, you're paying B&M prices. They are not primarily e-tailers afaik.

Zanaspus":tjh16tn5 said:
Zeno Marx":tjh16tn5 said:
If you've been watching Briar Blues youtube channel, he's been talking very highly of LJ Peretti blends.  By description, I'm particularly interested because they seem like they could be a potential substitute for McClelland #2015, or at least in that realm.  Why the post?  Just frustrated with the taxes, or whatever other reason(s) make this stuff so expensive.  $80/LB?  The same situation with Park Lane tobaccos.  whew.
Basically with these two, you're paying B&M prices. They are not primarily e-tailers afaik.
Good call...but man, $80/LB is still rough on the senses.

Great... Thought I was done buying tobacco for awhile. Just ordered a bunch of 1 oz. samplers and a bunch more in my wishlist. I gotta stay off BoB for a few days or my username will become reality!

PanHandler":7yi8oszc said:
Great... Thought I was done buying tobacco for awhile. Just ordered a bunch of 1 oz. samplers and a bunch more in my wishlist. I gotta stay off BoB for a few days or my username will become reality!

Yeah...welcome to the club.

BTW: we have weekly meetings...in the dog house.

Boswell Sampler? Dang it... That English sampler looks great.

Thanks GeoffC. I’ll be moving in with you in a couple of weeks!

Or maybe Blackhorse has room for me in the doghouse?

PanHandler":6r245fbd said:
Lol at least you made it one day on BoB before you lost control :lol!:

D.L.Ruth":14fi7z6i said:
PanHandler":14fi7z6i said:
Lol at least you made it one day on BoB before you lost control.
Hah. Isn’t that the truth?

Hey D.L. Are those Senior Aircrew wings on the hat in your avatar?

I flew Hueys and BlackHawks for 8 years. Good times.

PanHandler":oyr4jlvu said:
Boswell Sampler? Dang it... That English sampler looks great.

Thanks GeoffC. I’ll be moving in with you in a couple of weeks!

Or maybe Blackhorse has room for me in the doghouse?
I suppose we can move the lawnmower in the shed for you!

Zeno Marx":y6z4xm0m said:
Zanaspus":y6z4xm0m said:
Zeno Marx":y6z4xm0m said:
Good call...but man, $80/LB is still rough on the senses.
Well, when compared to SG, GH and other "premium" brands it's not that out of line.

Also. as I was in retail a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I can tell you that B&M overhead is easily twice that of e-tailers.

PanHandler":zkng3v3j said:
D.L.Ruth":zkng3v3j said:
PanHandler":zkng3v3j said:
Lol at least you made it one day on BoB before you lost control.
Hah. Isn’t that the truth?

Hey D.L. Are those Senior Aircrew wings on the hat in your avatar?

I flew Hueys and BlackHawks for 8 years. Good times.
Yes they are, I fly warrior alpha and shadows (unmanned aircraft), not nearly as cool as a huey

I would love to get involved in the unmanned aircraft field. Certainly going to be a huge player in the near future.