Oom Paul

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDAVE

Reaction score
I have an Uncle Paul Oom Paul that I bought about a year ago and laid to the side. I just smoked it for the first time and I am impressed with how it smokes. Are there any other Oom Paul smokers out there? What are your impressions on this style? I do believe I'll be getting another soon.

Here's a pic from my phone
E41A0109_zpse8fc225d.jpg
E41A0108_zps3ebb8d71.jpg
E41A0107_zps7622ba34.jpg

It's a shape I've become more interested in as I grow more inclined to enjoy full bent pipes.
Hope to add one to my stable soon.
I like the looks of yours.

I prefer bent pipes & have three Oom Pauls. Two Polinski's & one Sav, all are great smokers. Oom Paul's are a very comfortable pipe to hold & i like the fact that they are easy to smoke when your busy with both hands. Can't believe they aren't more popular. With all them curves they are just plain SEXY.

I have one, a GBD Colossus Prehistoric. It's a great smoking pipe and I would gladly add another of that style.

riff raff":zn219i4o said:
I have one, a GBD Colossus Prehistoric. It's a great smoking pipe and I would gladly add another of that style.

Nice pipe.

I have a 2-star Lee and a Comoy's Goldbark Oom Paul that I enjoy. Majority of my pipes are straight, but I look forward to adding more bent pipes to my collection, and more Oom Pauls.

Your Uncle Paul reminds me a lot of my Comoy but in black with a saddle bit. Great looking pipe, as is that GBD Colossus Prehistoric.

Have four oom pauls and love em' all. A Savory by Dunhill, a Cellini Original, a Yorkshire, and a no namer. Requirements: A sharp looking beard and a smokin' daddy's happy face.

My one and only Oom is an old Edwards Algerian Briar I got as a gift from a bud of mine back in the 90's. He had it for some number of years, and it's always been a fine smoker.

Haven't used it much lately. Guess it's time to fire it back up.

Dang thing has such a large 'baccy chamber though.......

Guess I need to find a blend that won't put me into orbit or cause me to get tired of it before the bowl is finished!

:cherry:

Cheers,

RR

I have two, a Savinelli Champagne and a Savinelli Baronet. The Baronet has not been smoked very much, bit of a large volume of tobacco. The Champagne is a great smoking pipe and it gets a fair amount of usage. The briar is light colored and it is much lighter in weight than the other. It is a nice style of pipe and not much effort to hold onto.

Stinger

I thought I'd throw my two on here; the one on the right is stamped Arlington, somebody's English-made stencil. The one on the left is a no-name Italian; a friend had a Lorenzo that looked just like it so perhaps they made mine. Over the years my deeply bent pipes have fallen from favor, so these haven't been smoked in a good long while.

f6c37b2e-ce2f-41c0-b169-cf27709199ee_zps4cfacda6.jpg

Personally the Oom Paul is one of my favorite shapes and I'm always on the look out for one that really grabs my attention. But then again I'm partial to any bent pipe.

Ed

WVDAVE":w3bwl1xr said:
I have an Uncle Paul Oom Paul that I bought about a year ago and laid to the side. I just smoked it for the first time and I am impressed with how it smokes. Are there any other Oom Paul smokers out there? What are your impressions on this style? I do believe I'll be getting another soon.
I've got 2 (Savinelli & GBD) and they are GREAT smokers!

Well, I own one no name Italian Oom Paul somewhere back in the States, but if I never found it I wouldn't be upset. To my knowledge, I only smoked the pipe once because I had no choice (my other pipes were in Kentucky while I was in Alabama...it just happened to be there). I never cared for the shape or most full bents for that matter. It just goes to show that some shapes sing for others while they scream aghast for the likes of me. Maybe my mind will change, but my go-to shapes seem more and more inclined to unorthodox Rhodesians, Danish Dublins, Lovats, and perhaps a Canadian every now and then.

comoy_12.jpg
[/url][/img]

I have only 1 Oom Paul by Comoy, a Tradition.

Love to smoke it!