Operation Groundhog Run::::February BOB Bombing Thread

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
::::ATTENTION ALL PILOTS::::

For over three years now the illustrious Brothers of Briar Bombing squadron members have been reigning terror, judgment, and smokey justice upon those we select. The roster has changed a lot since its inception. Some pilots have retired, others have gone AWOL, some just won't go away, but during that entire time we've successfully managed to annoy significant others, overburden the US postal service, and delight our unsuspecting victims. No member is beyond our reach or our gaze. We've had many memorable missions, but perhaps the most astounding fact is that we've lasted this long. All pilots deserve recognition for contributing to this endeavor. With this in mind, it it time to look toward the future of the bombers and our role here.

After consultation, Command has decided that we will be resetting the clock on mission progression. What does this mean? Simply put, every target we have ever annihilated in the past has now become a potential target again. Selecting new targets was getting more and more difficult and many deserving members had been excluded because they had been targeted in the past. Some who were bombed over three years ago have certainly worked through some of the spoils. It's time to cycle through again.

Post extra guards, reinforce the mailbox, and brush off those AA guns, cause here we go again!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Let's get this reset off to a good start. I expect a good showing on this month's roster. If you'd like to participate, please indicate so in the thread below.

Orders are scheduled to go out the 14th and the target date is Friday the 26th. Be sure to keep up with the thread for mission updates.

Eye ree Bra, we gwine make dis round for deh ages, no where to run, no where to hide! Dis bruddah hood be steppin' out and smakin' down doze unsuspecting veectums wid deh heavy hammah.......

Jah have mercy on dem souls and me tink I knock 'em down!

More time, broddah mon!

Not like I need a reason to buy more tobacco.....

Please consider me in.

Nobody is safe anymore, eh? I'm in. There's more than a few brothers around here that feel a bit too safe haha

*ambles into the smokey room. Got room for the old Fokker to fly again? Had a bit of trouble with 'er the past few months. She be serviceable and runnin' strong.

By golly! I do believe I am in!

Ok, folks here's our list of participants this month:

1. DrT999
2. WarlockBob
3. DrumsAndBeer
4. Timbo
5. Ozark Wizard
6. fsu92john
7. juanmedusa
8. Dutch
9. Fatman
10. Fr_Tom
11. Jevverrett
12. d4Klutz
13. kaitlyn3837
14. nismo270r
15. MichaelM
16. Ocelot55

I'm pretty happy with this showing. I'll be issuing orders hopefully today, but by tomorrow at the latest.

Special Note:

I'm not singling out anyone here, although I myself have been guilty of this offense many times. I feel I need to remind all pilots that the contents of our bombs, be they extravagant or modest, do not matter so much as the sentiment and thought in which they are given. Waking up one morning and thinking, "Oh crap! I've got to send some baccy today," is not what this exercise is all about. This is about a genuine gesture of thanks and gratitude to the recipient for being a great member of this community, for giving back to others with no regard for self, for stocking the cellars of those who can't afford 3 palettes worth of tobacco at some time, or just to say "thanks" and "we value you." I'm often reminded of the Biblical story of the widow who tithed the penny. It doesn't matter what we give. What truly matters is the spirit in which we give.

So, do me a favor this month. Take an extra 10 minutes and really consider what you're giving, why you're giving, and whom you're giving to. Sometimes the note you include with the package is worth more to the recipient than the other contents.

There. I've said my piece. Now back to work!