Other Pipe Forums

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vito, I'll always be grateful for the help, advice, and direction you and others from the Knox board gave me as I made the journey from aromatics to English blends and beyond!

I will say this: it is because of the comraderie and sense of brotherhood on this board that I will always consider this the number one place on the web for discussions about all things pipe/tobacco. I also enjoy reading about everyone's various musical tastes. I remember being turned on to new music a few times by suggestions from some of the brothers.

Mike

I DID have an issue with an idiot admin at another board...which is fine, whatever. I've found I enjoy it here more any way so it all worked out!

Maiser and I refer to BoB as "The Forum." Ex. "What's happening on The Forum today?" "There's some GL Pease for sale on The Forum." When I saw this topic, I said to myself, there are other forums?

+1 definitely. BoB is THE only true forum. The others exist for advertising primarily. There is no shortage of self righteous idiocy when the participants are exploited as a marketing base exclusively for generating sales volume. I would not be surprised if many of the posts are phoney plants rather than guys who actually light up. BoB is more of a men's club and I hope it remains as such.

s.ireland":er9366xw said:
LIPIPE":er9366xw said:
BoB is more of a men's club and I hope it remains as such.
My thoughts exactly, Marty. A virtual Club.
Amen, brothers. 8)

This is the first and best pipe/tobacco forum I knew of, so here I stay. No need to go elsewhere, except maybe www.pipemakersforum.com... *shrug* ...but that's not for chilling as much as it is information.

LIPIPE":es33iibm said:
+1 definitely. BoB is THE only true forum. The others exist for advertising primarily. There is no shortage of self righteous idiocy when the participants are exploited as a marketing base exclusively for generating sales volume. I would not be surprised if many of the posts are phoney plants rather than guys who actually light up. BoB is more of a men's club and I hope it remains as such.
I however wish there was more wimmin.

LIPIPE":3kfds30n said:
No advertising on http://tampandpuff.com.

Thought I ought to defend it a bit. :)

ruraldean":c6cw9636 said:
No advertising on http://tampandpuff.com. Thought I ought to defend it a bit. :)
Yes, great site, good people,,,,,and advertising has become a part of our daily routine anyway, I'm sure 80% of what's thrown at us everyday is ignored by habit. If a good pipe site requires a bit of advertising to stay up and running,,,,and I get to read or participate for free. I guess I can deal with it,,,, :D

Personally, the reason I like this forum is the soothing beige background.

...funny, I only get ads here if I'm not logged in to my username...but if they're there and keeping the forum alive, so be it.

The volley of advertisement assault I get from puff.com turned me off big time, on the other hand. I assume if you become a member they minimize or go away as well.

Forums are kind of like bars--if you find one you like, you keep hanging out. There could very well be other great forums, I just like the people here a lot. 8)

Kyle Weiss":cqzvgs2a said:
...funny, I only get ads here if I'm not logged in to my username...but if they're there and keeping the forum alive, so be it.

The volley of advertisement assault I get from puff.com turned me off big time, on the other hand. I assume if you become a member they minimize or go away as well.

Forums are kind of like bars--if you find one you like, you keep hanging out. There could very well be other great forums, I just like the people here a lot. 8)
Ditto. I used to belong to a different forum but I got away from it over time. BoB has great folks, great topics, and... uh... what was that third thing... hmm... aaaaah... whoops!

UberHuberMan":ey51tgoz said:
Ditto. I used to belong to a different forum but I got away from it over time. BoB has great folks, great topics, and... uh... what was that third thing... hmm... aaaaah... whoops!
"...the soothing beige background?" We can't forget that! :D (It is quite nice.)

I'm a fairly active member of Smokers forums, as 'Latakia'. I did join another one, but couldn't get on with the way it was arranged, and don't post there any more. This place looks good, though, so I think I'll stick around.

Welcome Steve: I'm also a Lat lover from the other side of the pond on Long Island New York. Looking forward to discussing favorite blends. This morning I'm enjoying a bowl of Sterling Tobbaco Co. 1776 American Patriot. This is a heavy English blend that is somewhat similar to Penzance, yet unique with a good dose of latakia. My friend blender Jack Peterson "whipped it up" at my request and I named it. Another favorite is Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard. Have you had the pleasure of smoking either of these delicious blends?

LIPIPE":di6c0m3w said:
Welcome Steve: I'm also a Lat lover from the other side of the pond on Long Island New York. Looking forward to discussing favorite blends. This morning I'm enjoying a bowl of Sterling Tobbaco Co. 1776 American Patriot. This is a heavy English blend that is somewhat similar to Penzance, yet unique with a good dose of latakia. My friend blender Jack Peterson "whipped it up" at my request and I named it. Another favorite is Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard. Have you had the pleasure of smoking either of these delicious blends?
'Fraid not, though I've heard many people praise Beck's O.L.B. Slightly ironic that a baccy called '1776 American Patriot' is an English blend!

Steve: Ironic isn't it. American patriots do acknowledge our British heritage. That is where we learned about democracy. American Patriot is an American treat, prepared by an Irishman and inspired by British roots. You should order some.

Steve: The source for Beck's OLB is 4Noggins.com I believe Richard Gottlieb of 4 Noggins which is located in Middlebury Vermont, USA will ship overseas. 1776 American Patriot is available from Jack Peterson at Sterling Tobacco Co.(sterlingtobacco.com) located in Sterling Illinois, USA. I believe Jack will ship to you also. I have e-mail contacts for both of them so if you have difficulty reaching either men, I'll gladly hook you guys up.