P&C tobacco of the month club

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't sound like a bad deal if you want to try stuff you've never thought of trying. I've discovered great blends by accident because what I was looking for wasn't availbable. At worst, it'll give you plenty of BoB bombing ordinance as it stockpiles. Live dangerously sez me!   :cheers:

MisterE":deqzxiio said:
Doesn't sound like a bad deal if you want to try stuff you've never thought of trying. I've discovered great blends by accident because what I was looking for wasn't availbable. At worst, it'll give you plenty of BoB bombing ordinance as it stockpiles. Live dangerously sez me!   :cheers:
Says E as he sits in relative safety, south of the Rio Grande!

Worse comes to worse, I get something unsmokeable and I send it to one of you.  :D 

I think its a pretty good deal - i'll prob. do it next month. For guys like me who love to try damn near everything right now - its a great way to get stuff I might not have ordered.

gravel":5oihuglo said:
DrumsAndBeer":5oihuglo said:
So I signed up, just to check it out. I'll be sure to post what I get.
When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred!
^Best post ever!^

I'm really interested in what this works out to be. I like just about anything but American Aromatics. It'd also be great if you could add other items to the free shipping of your blend of the month order. If you live near other pipe smokers, you could also go halvsies (maybe even on the double-down) to save some coin and maybe each of you would like different blends, so it'd work out.

Thomas Tkach":rh9voq9r said:
I'm really interested in what this works out to be. I like just about anything but American Aromatics.
Well this month's shipment turned out to be a bit heavy on the Aro's although one is quite enjoyable. What came, you ask?

H&H Fusilier's Ration 1.5oz tin - Excited to try this one.
Stanwell Melange 50g tin - IMHO a very high quality Danish Aro
Snow Drift 2oz (Russ's blend of the month) smoked some last night is it was just okay.
Troost Aromatic Cavendish - Meh.... Coal for someone's stocking

Let's hope it doesn't wind up becoming too high a percentage of bombing fodder. I still tremble when I think back to a cigar group I was a part of that started well enough then quickly devolved into everyone just sending each other Perdomo samplers!  :( 

DrumsAndBeer":3nzrj7fi said:
Thomas Tkach":3nzrj7fi said:
I'm really interested in what this works out to be. I like just about anything but American Aromatics.
Well this month's shipment turned out to be a bit heavy on the Aro's although one is quite enjoyable. What came, you ask?

Snow Drift 2oz (Russ's blend of the month) smoked some last night is it was just okay.
Some interesting choices. The Melange is a nice Va centered light aro, the Fusllier's Ration is an admirable Bengal Slices wanna-be and the Troost is a decent Euro OTC tobacco centric aro. For a newbie or a smoker wanting to have a big variety of blends to ping-pong btwn it's probably worth engaging with. Me I smoke around 5 blends consistently and am kinda a 'stick in the mud" as far as wanting to try "new' stuff so it's not for me   :twisted:

Are you getting it every month for a while? I'd probably like 2 of those (FR and maybe Melange, when I'm in the mood). It would be really nice if you could exclude a genre or two of tobacco, but it'll likely be aromatic heavy.

Thomas Tkach":w149t9f4 said:
Are you getting it every month for a while? I'd probably like 2 of those (FR and maybe Melange, when I'm in the mood). It would be really nice if you could exclude a genre or two of tobacco, but it'll likely be aromatic heavy.
Yes, I am going to hang with it for a while.

I enjoy a fair amount of variety, and I smoke aromatics occasionally so I don't mind having some around.

I definitely have my mainstays, (non of which are aromatics), so it's fun to throw 20 bucks out there and see what comes in. As mentioned above, some of this will become bomb fodder.

My hunch would be that the determining factor in what gets sent out is what P&C/CI has overages on.

I will definitely smoke the Melange and the Fusilier's, my friend who likes American style aro's already claimed the Snow Drift.

DrumsAndBeer":7gkk5cu2 said:

Cob?

I found it to be a good deal. I got a pouch of Troost, a 50 mg tin of Stanwell Melange, Fusilier’s Ration in a 1.5 oz can, and one of Russ Oulette’s future mixtures of the month. I have only tried the mixture by Oulette, but it is great.

One thing. I can smoke just about anything and enjoy it.

I have been in the pipe tobacco of the month for 4 months now and have yet to be disappointed with the products sent, with exception to the Peking Puffer Pipes. Tobacco is of good quality, some of it i had tried and others i had not until i joined up.

I have been a member for 2 months. This month is my last month. So far, I have been happy with the tins I have gotten (all except that one cherry blend). I also hate the cob pipe they send. A useless pile of dog dung would work better for smoking than the chinese crap. both pipes I have received have been cracked in the bottom and way too soft. I also would be afraid of smoking out of them lest it release some noxious chemical whilst I was smoking. You dont really save any $$ by getting this membership. It does allow for one to try different tobaccos though. I think I will let my membership lapse. The value for me is just not there.

Dix Creek":aynp2rna said:
I have been in the pipe tobacco of the month for 4 months now and have yet to be disappointed with the products sent, with exception to the Peking Puffer Pipes. Tobacco is of good quality, some of it i had tried and others i had not until i joined up.  
For the most part, I agree.

I don't smoke a lot of aromatics, so I plan on gifting most of those that I have received to those that do. (Bomb Fodder.) Now the Sutliff No 5, Fusilier's Ration, Dunhill Elizabethan, John Bull, Irish Flake and Melange were all welcome blends to my stash.

All those chocolate aro's, not so much.  :evil: