Paolo Becker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding has been that the square or diamond shank equals a bulldog.

Nice one at that!!

Sharp. I've wanted to add a bulldog to my rotation, but haven't found one I like enough to do it.

Very nice!
I like how the wood was oriented with the vertical ring grain, and the color of the stem. It kind of reminds me of an Il Duca Rhodesian I have.
Cool buy.

Very interesting shape and pipe. Got the other day my first Becker and it will not be the last. Enjoy!

Krusty":h9mmo2gp said:
My understanding has been that the square or diamond shank equals a bulldog.

Nice one at that!!

I thought so too, but I've seen some diamond shanks called Rhodesians and round shanks called Bulldogs from various makers. But what's in a name anyway; they will smoke as sweet!

Thanks.

Zeno Marx":7xgcku41 said:
Sharp. I've wanted to add a bulldog to my rotation, but haven't found one I like enough to do it.
Some of the great bulldog shapes I've ever seen - just recently, too - are on Rad Davis' website on the archive page.

djf1":ec32jh7h said:
Very interesting shape and pipe. Got the other day my first Becker and it will not be the last. Enjoy!

I saw it posted. A beautiful pipe.

Thanks.

That pipe has the best pairing of bowl coloring with stem that I've seen; the stem brings the grey cast of the pipe to life; love that stem!

Love this pipe, the more I look at it the more I like it, love how the stem flows right into the shank...very well done...good luck with it.