Park Lane Bengal c/o docwatson

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

szyzk

Reaction score
So, I've had this on my list for a while now. I just never got around to placing an order for it because I wanted to try just a little bit first, and most of my purchases are through P&C since they always have 99% of what I'm looking for.

Anyway, I shipped off a few cigars to The Doc and he insisted on sending something in return. One of the blends he sent was Bengal!

Has anyone else tried this? I have to make a conscious effort to puff low and slow, but when done correctly the flavors absolutely explode! Good, bright smokiness from the latakia (not deep & muddled) but with a wonderful floral essence on top. It's truly a brand new combination to me, I have nothing else in my stash like it!

And, I enjoyed it so much that I smoked through the VERY generous portion Doc sent then ordered a pound.

If you're talking about Bengal Slices I'm on the last half of my last tin. I love it but as you know it's gone the way of the dodo. Enjoy what you have. If you're talking about something else then pay no never mind to this. Oh. One last thing. Fairmorn Lancers Slices is very similar. Not as smooth but better than nothing.

williamcharles":szsvi6au said:
If you're talking about Bengal Slices I'm on the last half of my last tin. I love it but as you know it's gone the way of the dodo. Enjoy what you have. If you're talking about something else then pay no never mind to this. Oh. One last thing. Fairmorn Lancers Slices is very similar. Not as smooth but better than nothing.
I've never had Bengal Slices - this is Park Lane's version! I don't know if it comes close to the original, but it's an excellent tobacco!

Lancers Slices is another favorite of mine, but it doesn't have the floral essence that Bengal does. Both are in my regular rotation though!

Park Lanes Bengal is quite tasty. I do agree with you on smoking this slow to really get the flavor. Good Stuff

Abe

Szyzk,
Glad you really liked the Bengal. It IS the closest blend I've ever had to the original Bengal Slices. I love the floral essence also. Paul Bonacquisti is an amazing blender and his success with Red Paramour and Connoisseur Flake are two more great examples of his blending.
The cigars you so generously sent to me are absolutely the best I've enjoyed in ages. Many thanks again to you my friend.
Doc

I have had Park Lane's version (never had the original) and I do like it. But not as much as Lancer's Slices. I agree that you have to nurse it to get the most out of it. I can certainly recommend it for folks looking for a full Latakia mixture.

docwatson":k5mt34jh said:
Szyzk,
Glad you really liked the Bengal. It IS the closest blend I've ever had to the original Bengal Slices. I love the floral essence also. Paul Bonacquisti is an amazing blender and his success with Red Paramour and Connoisseur Flake are two more great examples of his blending.
The cigars you so generously sent to me are absolutely the best I've enjoyed in ages. Many thanks again to you my friend.
Doc
I'll have to try Red Paramour next. I didn't want another tobacco to put on my list, but the ball is already rolling! :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the cigars! I was hoping they would allow you to catch some of the island flavors you remembered!

And it is still the closest to original Bengal Slices I've found...but at $72/LB? OUCH!