Perhaps too much of a "Good Thing?"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Family.........

Inundated with it. It's like getting bombed by the Brothers here.... A great wave of children, grand children and a great grandchild. All here to "share the holidays and help the 'Old Guy' with his chores......

Not that I'm not grateful, or appreciative. But good grief! All of a sudden the house is full of energy, the animals are being harried, and it's hotter than hell in the house. (Over 70 degrees F)

The 'The rapist' showed up today and took great joy in delegating responsibilities, chores and schedules for watching I don't do a damn thing. (I got in trouble for having sawdust in my pockets, alluding I was up to 'no good'.) It appears a sedentary lifestyle is at hand, and there will be little I can do about it....

So. Two kids. Five grandchildren, (enough for an insanity plea to stick,), two EX Mrs. Wizards, four Church going Christians, three Jews and

"A partridge in a pear tree"....................

Fortunately, this place only has four bedrooms, and a craft room of very nice proportions with a couple of spots to sleep.. The rest of y'all, well, there's a hotel in Ava, and a couple of tents....:twisted:

Bummer that there is talk of another family member with a fifth wheel RV that sleeps 8. And me, unable to drop a few big oaks in the road before that exodus arrives.... Though rumour has it he is bringing some fresh caught Pacific Coast fish with him. Flash frozen in dry ice.. Time to get out the Geiger Counter and maybe whip up some Sushi, or seafood fettuccini.

Yah, it's nice to be so well considered. Various denominations of religious folks keep popping by to check on me, and I don't mind that either, as long as there is no sales pitch. Most come to ask what my impressions are regarding my change of lifestyle, now that I have become 'dependent on human nature'. For the most part, and from what I have discovered that has transpired during my absence, I tell them in all truth it scares the hell out of me, and I have not been impressed with human nature. They laugh. (I am, after all, renowned for my great sense of humour)

So, here I lay, in a new recliner that I did not want, entertaining folks I paid good money to avoid, (though some that warm my heart to see after the years gone by), and wondering what the heck is going to happen next!

Happy Thanksgiving? :drunken: Hopefully they will depart soon enough....

Ja ja Ozzie, it's tough to be loved ain'a? And hopefully this time, they do have your welfare as first priority. And it seems from your description that they do.

Nuttin' to do but relax in that recliner and let the young un's do the heavy lifting. High time for you to be served, rather than doing the one who is serving. As nuts as that may make you. ;)

And a great grandchild at 53? Holy underwear Batman! :shock:

Cheers,

RR

Ah, the Holidays! Glad they only come once a year !! :twisted: :twisted:

Well, make the best of it.  We will have an extra 12 here for the holidays! A daughter that wants to take charge, her lazy husband, and their 2 little whiny girls. Then the son, his wife who thinks she's better that everyone else and their 2 babies. And finally, the daughter and her two teenagers plus our daughter's boyfriend of the month! :shock:  Yup, I'm just looking forward to Monday! Happy Thanksgiving? At least I get to eat well! :)

Brewdude":qb3tl5cj said:

Cheers,

RR
Yup. My oldest daughter has a daughter a couple of months younger than my youngest daughter. Like two bad pennies when they get together. "It's OK, my aunt says it's cool." Well, "Aunty Raven" apparently had holes in HER underwear at some point!:roll:

Yes, a prolific bunch, my family....:lol!:

Ozark Wizard":0x7r7qgx said:
Brewdude":0x7r7qgx said:

Cheers,

RR
Yup. My oldest daughter has a daughter a couple of months younger than my youngest daughter. Like two bad pennies when they get together. "It's OK, my aunt says it's cool." Well, "Aunty Raven" apparently had holes in HER underwear at some point!:roll:

Yes, a prolific bunch, my family....:lol!:
Again.... I'll burn sage for you :lol!:

ill be alo e for thanks giveing and i would be happy exept i wish my wife would be able to but other than that.

Rande, I attained grandpa status at the ripe old age of 31. I've got 4 of them now.

Wiz.... you have my sympathy brother. 2 exes in the house, you're in deep doody no matter what you do or don't do. Just revel in the grandkids and try to keep a brave face in the onslaught of family they mean well.

Best of luck buddy
Jim

I feel your pain!!!! My nice quiet life gets invaded next Tuesday. Best news is my wife told me tonite most of'em ( the ones I like least) may be leaving Friday or Saturday morning. Please make it Friday :twisted: :cheers: FTRPLT

Yowzers Ozzie, that's a "blessing" and a half to land on you. You're a braver man than I having two ex's around, I run screaming if I so much as smell my ex's perfume. 

Good luck

Tim

Lord, this is all too rich. I feel for you, really I do. But it’s classic.

When I was a kid my parents had a 78 of Yogi Yorgesson singing “I yust go nuts at Christmas”. My mom was Norwegian and I guess she thought it was funny. It was...and is. On a lark I googled it and bingo, up it popped.

Listen to the lyrics, some of it reminds me of your circumstances.

https://youtu.be/1trcQoxJ9qY

Blackhorse":vmw4trpq said:
Lord, this is all too rich. I feel for you, really I do. But it’s classic.

When I was a kid my parents had a 78 of Yogi Yorgesson singing “I yust go nuts at Christmas”. My mom was Norwegian and I guess she thought it was funny. It was...and is. On a lark I googled it and bingo, up it popped.

Listen to the lyrics, some of it reminds me of your circumstances.

https://youtu.be/1trcQoxJ9qY
(smirk)

What has a guy have to do to get a malted beverage around here?

Apparently, teach one of the grandkids to drive a five speed manual 4x4 pick up to get me to the store. I was denied by 'those who shall not be named' that alcohol intensifies the effect of my pain meds....

So, I can take a half dose and wash it down with something with a higher IBU than water?

I am Down with that!!

So Raven is taking me to town. She's never driven a manual transmission before. I'll make use of my harness and cushion. She is still driving her Honda civic she learned to drive a few years ago.

This'll be, well, educational............

But knowing you as a prudent man, we know you will be carefull with the alcohol and Med mix. Moderation in all things.

God forbid your nimrod driver should jerk you around inside that cab with inexperienced clutch work...or go off road somewhere.

Heh, heh. You think the relatives are crazy now just wait til they find out you snuck off with the kid driving. Wish I could be there.

Blackhorse":nmnhylx3 said:
But knowing you as a prudent man, we know you will be carefull with the alcohol and Med mix. Moderation in all things.

God forbid your nimrod driver should jerk you around inside that cab with inexperienced clutch work...or go off road somewhere.

Heh, heh. You think the relatives are crazy now just wait til they find out you snuck off with the kid driving. Wish I could be there.
I think you would be having the best time! If for nothing else the show...

And sure, there were some camps that were, shall we say, less than enthusiastic with today's developments. If this family is to be Democratic, however, and we, as New Age parents are to indulge the happiness of the 'greater whole', then the majority was more than pleased to indulge Grandpa, much to the dismay of other parental influences, his 'skewed and primitive ways'. There was an implication that a vigil needed to be attended and scheduled so such a thing might not happen again.... But the cheers from the minions as Grandpa cracked a beer and upending it while loading a cob of Ginny flake, leaning on a llama and disregarding the, well, contrary remarks from significant others tipped the scales for my constituents. A cheer erupted from the progeny. Good stuff!

I might have already conscripted Allies... One must be ever vigilant to one's debauchery and contrary ways... And be ready to continue one's path... I guess my teachings have not fallen on deaf ears after all!:farao:

I already have the kids in my pocket. The grandkids are even easier. They think I'm cool.

If they only knew…....... :sunny: